settings not saved.

Dex-chan lover
I am not sure if this is a bug, but whenever I read a chapter, and click next, settings are saved and fine. but once I go back to the main menu of the manga and click on a chapter again, the settings go back to single page, left to right and 3 pages load. Tried logging out and in again, but that didn't work. Might be someting with my browser, who knows..

is a Reindeer
VIP
The settings are saved in your cookies. Do you have any add-ons or extensions that clear cache/cookies/localstorage?

Dex-chan lover
I checked browser settings under "remove browser data", and the "cookies and data" thing is turned off. Actually, I also just did a reboot of my PC, and that fixed it, somehow.

Dex-chan lover
Not all settings are saved in cookies (e. g. site background, language settings and many more), but some are saved in cookies. I'd also appreciate to save settings in your database instead of cookies, if possible.

same problem as in my thread: https://mangadex.org/thread/30163

is a Reindeer
VIP
@Monkey123 Switching from database to cookies was intentional, saving it in our database isn't on our priority list

In case your using Firefox, might want to check this bug
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1453699
as well (Should be fixed by default for Firefox v66 once it goes stable).
If you left this setting at default, you should be fine, but if you changed it, there is a good chance Firefox will treat localstorage as session storage. Meaning every tab has different storage, and storage may be cleared when you leave the site. Supposedly will be fixed when they finalize the new storage system written for quantum.

Has been causing me hell for a while. If this is the case, it's a browser bug. Probably will be a few more months before the new system goes in place as well.

2-months later non-bumping EDIT:
New storage system is out for testing in Firefox Quantum v65+. Currently, you need to opt in by going to about:config and enabling dom.storage.next_gen
So far everything is running properly for me. Finnaly I can easily browse mangadex with 100x tabs like I do for every other site

Users who are viewing this thread