Solo Leveling - Vol. 2 Ch. 116

Dex-chan lover
And this is why those who are not hunters should stay far, far away from any gate encountered regardless of how long they think it has been there. You live much longer that way.

Double-page supporter
ok this opens up a kind of plot hole imo (unless it was mentioned in a previous chapter), if a place hasn't been checked for "a semester" wouldnt that mean there's just a bunch of opened gates in areas that are rarely visited? Like there could be hundreds of gates already opened unless there some device to detect gates that spans the entire area, or just constant search parties looking for gates in abandoned or hard to get to areas.

Double-page supporter
low orcs?

p.s. - lol, such a tiny gate

Dex-chan lover
@fakeirish yeah it is a plot hole since gates give off a magic signal which the hunter association detects. So why wouldn't they know about the one in the school

@Liquidax
maybe because it's too small? doesn't give enough energy to be detected, this gate is probably special or some shit

Double-page supporter
This is the part that a hidden gate appears, and threatens Sung Jin-woo's little sister.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

@fakeirish @Liquidxlax I've read the novel a long time ago (as soon as season 1 ended) so my memories are a bit fuzzy but if I remember correctly it will be explained soon.
Basically the other world (where the monarchs are from) are increasingly invading the earth so the number of gates is increasing exponentially and the time it takes to open is significantly reduced

Dex-chan lover
@fakeirish @Liquidxlax : in the novel only like 2 nations have the tech to detect all gates on an area (and Korea is not one, but Jin-Woo will be given access to the tech after providing certain services to a nation holding the tech, it is satalite based BTW)

But ya, there are gates that erupt all the time, and one has been seen before.

Having tech to detect gates would be a
plot hole considering that we have seen the results of a low rant gate opening/outbreak already in the story back when Jin-woo was leaving (I think his first) private/instanced/etc dungeon.

Though even without the tech, measures to check for a gate would become standard practice but it would not be a perfect system. Though normal maintenance and custodial/janitorial duties should detect most gates in cities.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Users who are viewing this thread