Edomae Elf - Vol. 1 Ch. 10 - The Schoolgirl Shrine Maiden's Rite of Succession

Dex-chan lover
Hahahahaha....

Elda-sensei was cute...

The trademark on the lantern was Elda herself, and her ear on the trademark was cunningly noticeable and cute also.

One hypothesis that i had why Elda was keenly active on the ceremony is that, she needs more faithful believers for her encyclopedia knowledge of Manga and Games (hypothesis for fun only)

Dex-chan lover
I dont know, this manga feels kinda sad to me. Being immortal means you have to say goodbye to everyone and be alone. Since elda was summoned she had to do that to her world before, and has continued to have to say goodbye to the few people she meets in this world. Maybe thats why she stays inside all the time? A defense mechanism?

Dex-chan lover
@welcome2atlantis Lots of people probably did - we saw some at the start. And some people were out and got greetings (but those might also have been assistants intended to help usher people home if they accidentally ventured out). Also peeking makes it easier to just sing for the ten or so minutes the god and maiden are passing by, instead of having to sing for three hours..

(Elda seems to be a pretty well-known secret. The darkness is probably half tradition and half because she's shy.)

Contributor
She may have an encyclopedic knowledge of manga and games, but can Elda see why kids love Cinnamon Toast CrunchTM?

Dex-chan lover
How the hell am I learning some interesting Japanese history from an otaku elf manga.
That bit about lanterns was super interesting. Just goes to show how much we take advantage of modern lighting.

Users who are viewing this thread