Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken: Mamono no Kuni no Arukikata - Vol. 2 Ch. 12 - A Journey Through the Sky, Three Stars!!

Dex-chan lover
@aznsensation94
this was so interesting that i went and read the wiki and i got a clear image of how did all get to this point, haven't read the novels yet, so i dont know which one is proper canon, sorry.

Dex-chan lover
@aznsensation94 @Hollow7F

I am assuming this will line up with the main story manga so whatever
the manga does we can assume it will line up with this I mean I am still
waiting for Veludora to be released from Rimaru let alone some of the
other humans and that pixie who created the dungeon who I think going
to show up soon

Aggregator gang
I said it once but I'm gonna say it again, this manga takes place after the main story. So if you want to make sense of it all, you will need to read the main story first. The main story is finished but it's not fully translated.

Contributor
@shaoxin54 The series this is spun off of?

@Hollow7F While there generally are differences between LN and WN, the story arcs are generally similar so save for minor details they remain the same through adaptations.

@aznsensation94 You'll have an easier time reading the WN as it is free and easily available, though I do think a publishing company is translating the novels though I'd have to check... Nope, doesn't looking like it, though it does look like Alyschu from Moonbunny did the first novel before going AWOL.

@Hollow7F @aznsensation94
The LN is almost always going to be the "canon" version that a manga or anime is based off of. You can essentially think of the WN as a sort of rough or first draft, and the LN as the final draft that has some changes and more detail. As @Kisato said, while there are some changes and more detail in the LN, the main story beats are the same or similar enough. So it doesn't really matter which version you read if you're also going to read the manga.

The WN hasn't finished translating yet, but it is very close, about 10 chapters left. Meanwhile, the LN has no fan translation aside from the first volume. It is however being officially translated and published in English by YenPress. There's only 3 volumes so far, with the 4th coming out in December, so it's currently behind the manga. If you're fine with waiting and would rather read the "official canon" version, then stick to the LN. If you can't wait and just want to know the general story for now, then you should definitely read the WN. If you're going to read both, you should read the WN first then the LN.

Dex-chan lover
really a photo from the distribution of your city, lets put aside for a moment that rimuru has plot armor, author blessing, etc. that photo would be at the level of military intel, and he is going to put it in a guide book... seriously he is too relaxed...

wish author was so nice to me...

Contributor
@kaminomikan It's not really a spoiler considering this is an afterstory, but Rimuru has like a satellite system that can monitor other cities in real time, ninjas, and the power of like four dragons. I think he's entitled to doing whatever he wants.

Aggregator gang
Usually isekai manga try to follow the actual development of technology to some extent. This one? Jumps straight from nothing to Polaroid instant cameras, apparently with autofocus and image stabilization. I don't know whether to think that's impressive or terrible.

Didn't you know? The main chara is one of those Japanese geniuses that know absolutely everything about everything from their own world so he is able to bring any level of technology with him to these "underdeveloped" worlds. He'd be able to create a Hadron collider if he wishes to or even the mighty cloak of invisibility from Harry Potter.

It's just that he chooses not to advance technology that much because he likes medieval role play like some LARPer.

Fed-Kun's army
@ZeeVee @Supermonkey123

If you look at the Dwarven Kingdom Ark (Chapter 4~8), you'll see they already have a big technological base, and creating a camera, after knowing (more or less) how it work, wouldn't be too difficult for them (they already tried to create robots, even if it failed - the Magic Golem Soldier).
x20.jpg

Fed-Kun's army
Well, we now have a camera made for good purposes....I wonder how long will it take to some evil villain to think of stealing it and using it for spying and steal Intel of tempest and rimuru...

To all who question the feasibility of camera: you need to understand how camera works.

There are settings that allow almost everything save for very close objects to be in focus, so there's no need for an autofocus feature.

There are also settings that allow the picture to be captured quickly, there should be no motion blur. These are typically used in sport photos (It's not video so no stabilization is needed by the way, just dealing with motion blur).

Honestly the hardest part is the chemicals involved in making the instant film paper. Which should be a non-issue, considering how advanced they are in this field.

Banned
@supermonkey123
Don't he has Ciel-sensei for that?
Like he has base knowledge of how things work, since it is commom knowledge for most people, and then Ciel-sensei pulls what if left from the voice of the world or work out how it works and is made from that tidy bit of information Rimuru-sama has.

Aggregator gang
@supermonkey123 IIRC they already had what was for all practical purposes a magic tv even before our beloved Slime Demon Lord showed up. Although that was something only the head of a few countries had access to, and it was used as an emergency contact thing.

Users who are viewing this thread