A Wage Slave is Reincarnated in a Different World!! It's Heartbreaking!!!

Dex-chan lover
All magic but washing dishes for money, the guy is just an idiot, hope he get hit by a magic truck

Double-page supporter
The whole world around you can change, but it won't matter until you change your mentality too, huh... nice message ^^

Contributor
I said this before on Batoto, and I'll say this again.

I personally found this to be a masterpiece that questions one of the biggest flaws of most isekai currently.
Why are the main characters doing what they do?

In simply 4 pages, we manage to get this character's backstory and mindset completely explained to us. We understand it for the simple reason as "the main character is generic". But what makes this different from other isekai? The same character gets reincarnated and they get the same cheat, so why is one so inexplicably different?

Even if this manga has bland or boring writing, I think that it's outweighed by the fact that the character is consistent and proves the point that the author set to make.

Contributor
@Noms Thanks for bringing that to my attention. ruggia (may he be blessed) TL'd it all for me, so I'm going to go TS this to the best of my abilities.

I thought it was a one-shot. Do they call these one-shot anthologies? It's good to see an isekai in which the MC has a more depressing but still normal outlook on life. Sadly it's only a short story and not that professional. It would be interesting to see a slow development from the boring MC to someone who can stand his own. I tend to like slow romances that develop on the side a lot more than the superficial ones so I do think I would enjoy such a story here as well

Only two chapters yet it had more character development that your average 10 volumes isekai.

I'm a regular at the local Watami branch. Looks like i'll have to find a new restaurant to satisfy for sashimi cravings.

Double-page supporter
This is probably the happiest ending to an isekai I've ever seen.

wow, the moral of the story in this manga is on point, what's the point having a cheat skill if you don't have the will to change yourself

@ NZPIEFACE - Awesome. :)

@ mommy - I tend to think of an anthology as a collection of oneshots. Sometimes authors decide to give their oneshots another chapter...some even become series, but I don't think this creator has any further plans for this one.

Chapter 2 feels like an ending for those who felt depressed after ch1. :p

Edit: Something unexpected happened when username detected, so I went back and added spaces.

Users who are viewing this thread