Looking for a specific anime, forgot name

Okay, so, there's this deadly fantasy anime where 2 mc's, along with a few others, are given big mecha-like guns and swords and told to kill some monsters on some medieval Earth-equivalent planet. Some of the others, including a dark elf woman, think they can take them on, and promptly get sliced and wiped by said monsters. Only the 2 mc's are alive at this point until some veteran big sword-and-gun wielders come in and save their hides. They are then told to man up and join them. I saw a video of this on youtube a while back, but can't find it again for the life of me. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Group Leader
Do you remember if the MCs were male/female or a pair of both? The mention of "mecha-like guns" makes me think "God Eater", but I don't remember any Dark Elves in it.

Dex-chan lover
Tenchi Muyo! War on Geminar has a dark elf and mecha, but no cool guns that I remember

@HDMI1 @beperov Sorry if I haven't updated this post, I was under the impression that no one was looking, on account of the lack of updates/mentions from anyone. Uh, it was a pair of male MCs that survived the first encounter with the monster enemies, which the dark elf woman and two other extras died to. It's not tenchi muyo, it has more of a seinen sci-fi atmosphere to it. There is a definite possibility of death to it, like imagine if someone crossed Grimgar with God Eater without the CGI and a bit of Tenchi. If you can, you're definitely in the right ball park. It is an obscure anime which I still cannot find for the life of me. Currently trying to find it under the seinen and sci-fi tags at MAL, but no luck. I know for a fact that the death-tagged dark elf waifu is definitely a part of the first episode, and that the sci-fi armor and weapons they used were something like discount Infinite Stratos knock-offs without the ability to fly, or wings. If anyone has any more ideas, please let me know. I need to know the title, at least.

Can someone tell me the name of a webtoon where the girl has brain tumor.She is botanist. She goes to a desert with a jeep to find a new flower and there she losts her jeep and everything. Then passed out . After that the boy helps her. Please someone

Group Leader
@IudexRichten Sorry to bring this back up, but do you remember how the artstyle looked? Can you pick out the style from the images below?

eDyMbJO.jpg

T1BN9yj.jpg

YyRvifw.jpg

@bigtiddyoneesan Thanks for the heads up! I fixed the links.

Dex-chan lover
@HDMI1
You might want to find alternative links for those images. "gawkerassets.com" is automatically blocked (on Firefox at least), so they show up as broken images.

Here's the first one tho:
Dj4Qdh_UYAEr6oN.jpg

@HDMI1 @bigtiddyoneesan I know for a fact that it is not ancient, it is actually modern animation. Think 2010-2015 era, maybe give or take 5 years. As I said, it looks to be a mish-mash of sorts, with the characters wearing sci-fi partial exoskeleton suits (no giant robots or actual mechas, think discount Infinite Stratos), wielding large weapons, hunting down monsters/aliens on a possibly undeveloped world, with sliced and decapitated corpses of overconfident allies on the first episode, and a deus ex machina in the form of veteran fighters. If I had to say, it might have also had a "game" plotline, or "greater power". The planet is most definitely not Earth. The story follows the two male recruits/best friends that survived the first encounter.
I won't blame you if you give up on searching this, a month is simply far too long to spend on searching for an obscure item.

Dex-chan lover
Have you posted to /r/tipofmytongue as well? You'll get a lot more people helping to figure it out.
Yeah, I was gonna suggest this as well. The only anime I found that even remotely matches your description is Gate: Thus the JSDF Fought There!

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
PSO had an anime? I didn't know it was big.

Users who are viewing this thread