Tokyo卍Revengers

Eiz

Time travel redemption genre with gangs. one of my top 14 genres

I'm glad Twisted Hel Scans releases a chapter once in a while, but since it's a weekly issued manga at this rate the gap between japan chapters and scanlated chapters can only grow.
But then again it's better to get a new translated chapter once in a while than no new chapters ever ?

Group Leader
Until it ends! Then we only get closer to catching up! Didn't think of that did ya @frapco.

Double-page supporter
@Tyler06 that symbol existed for 5000+ years before the nazis, and still exists in various cultures with meanings that have no connection to nazism

But it is mainly associated with Nazi Germany and the NSDAP.
And living in Germany where the use of Nazi associated signs, symbols and such is forbidden by law it still makes me very uncomfortable.

Plus I doubt that many people know other meanings of that sign me included.

@Tyler06 We Indians have used that symbol for thousands of years, for us it means well-being or divinity but it has become a symbol of hate which saddens me :(

Dex-chan lover
@Tyler06 :

"Plus I doubt that many people know other meanings of that sign me included"

It's just because you're an European, In Asia this is a positive religious sign (used far before the nazis and still used nowadays) so the number of people associating this symbol as a manji must be equal or superior of the number of people thinking it's a nazi's symbol first.

Group Leader
@clad95150 I think it applies to Germany only, almost everyone I know (I'm in Europe) knows that the origin of the symbol is not from nazism. I assume there's a higher "taboo" in Germany and thus people just look away from it rather than learning other things about it. Even so, I'm sure there are plenty of germans that know that it has a different meaning and is much older than the nazi's symbology. I do think it's understandable though.

Aside from that if you read the series you can tell it has nothing to do with nazism so... xD

Dex-chan lover
@Usha : I know for experience that it's the same case in France. They say briefly in school that the Nazi's symbol comes from an older positive Asian one but that's pretty much it. If you show this symbol to French people, the first reflex will be to think about the nazism and rare are the ones who know or remember the Manji. (most people are shocked when they see Asian temple with the Manji).
Some friends gave me good luck presents with the symbol on it and I just can't ever wear them because I know people will think I'm a Nazi. Same thing for at least all the west/mid part of Europe.

People just need to google "origin of the swastika" to learn about it.
How hard is it? If you don't know something just a simple google search is suffice.

I came into the comments expecting at least one guy to complain about the title endorsing Nazism and I was not disappointed!

Users who are viewing this thread