Only Sense Online - Vol. 11 Ch. 59 - A Wish and the God of Death

Dex-chan lover
@Willie29 : Clearly you need to free them right away for maximum favorability, THEN you can make 'minor requests' as many times as you want.

Dex-chan lover
Prankster about to bust out the "you ain't ever had a friend like me" song. I hope their friendship grows!

Dex-chan lover
I have several things with that:
1. the MC is a masochist how he let others threat him and even now gets the prankster back, which is quite problematic
2. the penalty from a random boss you can evade and run away from is truly too hard

The prankster fairy, the random boss .... what the hell is with the devs in this story. Gimmicks like that are the worst. It neither makes sense, nor is that in any way acceptable. Together with the really big incident with the griefing pker where the devs didnt move a bit and so on.

As good this story wants to be .... the author absolutely fails to make me believe, that this game is fair or even fun to play.

Dex-chan lover
Feeling nostalgic about this saboteur-fairy and making 'friend' out of her after some time of peace? Truly masochistic MC.

giphy.webp

Genie, You're Free!

Group Leader
@Dragou It could have been worse, it could have been perma-death for your character and it forces you to start the game over from Step 1.

Dex-chan lover
@Dragou : the boss is an extremely rare encounter, and likely has a gimmick to it. This is the end of Vol 6, up to Vol 11 has been translated
the reaper did not show up again in those 5 volumes IIRC. The next volume they find a new area that requires climbing or flying to access, next to no one has the climbing sense.
Though the reaper likely has conditions for encountering it and is meant as a challenge to the players. Plus who says yo can not escape, Yun is not exactly the most hard core player and s likely to miss things, while His/Her big sis is a big to hard core.

Also, the dev's did not move on the PK's because t was resolved, by the players, very quickly. There was no need. Plus PK's are a part of most MMO's to many complain if it is missing, not if there is situation that is 100% player created. This is supposed to be a game with player freedom as the drawing point (and like 90% of these stories it is the first full-dive MMORPG in their world, which excuses a of issues) and the Players end up with a system to control the PK's later.

That said in terms of customization and balance, i is one of the most fair in the VRMMO stories, it is just that they devs hid a lot of info behind unpopular skills (that really should be popular o at least 1 member per group) and the player base is filled with immature idiots, or your typical full of themselves teens.

Also, about the fairy, she was only mildly annoying and in many ways less annoying then Yun's sisters.
plus there is a boon for freeing the fairy that out classes the 3 wishes

Dex-chan lover
WHY THE MC IS TALKING SOOOOO MUCH... serously you are in a death situation, are you going to scream "i know this is not effective but it will blind him" or "i can't get out"
like just put a big SFX "FLASH" on the screen the reader is not dumb, same for "i can't get out" we all did FUCKING SEE IT my god

@sjmcc13 their is not challenge in a mob that is way to high level, that the principle of level, like if dunno Montser hunter world, you would have the black dragon alatreon pop up in the first quest of the game, you literally would not be able to survive the nova (if you can't pass a DPS check the nova kill you in like 1s, you can kill it whit 0 armor piece but high end weapon and speedrun level of skill and planing)
A challenge is when you can barley survive, or the actual fight mechanic is tough in the actual fight (silent tutorial are the best btw)
BTW i agree even "unpopular" skill should be super popular ... we are talking about not only a MMO but a full VRMMORPG, and the author is trying to say the player did never try some skills, we today in 2020 even for poor MMO player go and data mine, or make complex spread sheet just for their curiosity

@Dragou yeah it do not feel that much like a game you want to play, it feel like the world is build after the need for the story and not the reverse (the one that more often than not result in great world building)

Dex-chan lover
@Zblurth This your first webnovel adaptation manga? Yeah, majority of these manga has the MC narrating everything because of the lazy writing. Don't worry, like most manga, time stops when they talk.

A challenge doesn't always mean brute forcing things. It could be a gimmick, a weakness or a puzzle, and figuring that out is the challenge. Like a super boss that's immune to everything but to one event weapon. Or a boss that one shots you, but it only does one type of damage, so having full resistance to that damage makes it trivial. I figure you'd be familiar with that since you play MH.

I wonder if there's even a manga or any media that has a story that reflects real life MMO. Most of them are dumbed down to be convenient for making the MC special.

Dex-chan lover
@sjmcc13 If it doesnt matter anymore it makes you wonder the whole point of the boss, but ok that is explainable, but yun tried to run away and blocked him and like it appeared he ran quite far and the boss still gave chase. If it has a gimmick, the gimmick should be possible to identify, otherwise it is crap design. Like a dragon with a reverse scale ... that is something people can note as a weakpoint, but if that scale is at the base of the wings on top of a 20m high flying dragon you cant expect the people to see that. The next is that even the best top player dont stand a chance against the reaper and then this boss appears at lower to medium level areas?! Together with 3 day punishment ... REALLY shitty design.

The next is the situation with pker ... even if it is freedom of players, when they go to far for several days, then it is something where devs at least need to say a warning. The start of harassing crafters is 1 point and already borderline but still something where I say ok, but then the mass killing, extortion and taking freedom of other players away (with sleep and so on) is not that far from kidnapping and THEN it is a point where the devs need to react in any form. Like I said at least giving a statement and user even wrote them complaints, but there was never a reaction. It may be solved, but that was only "plot convenience" ... but ok that is something I accept.
Still the devs should have reacted even before that. They had enough time for it.

Then at the end again the Fairy: If my memory serves right, her fairy pulled mobs without any reason, changed receipts that basically caused dmg to items and so on and even "destroyed" with that valuable ressources, is still something that is really bad. Other fairys are not like that. Still there I say that the MC still likes all of that somehow makes him quite the M. But again design wise it is a really strange decision, because it wasnt even mentioned anywhere that he has a another positive point from having her as a fairy. Because everyone can only have one and the others like the sleep fairy are have much better use, it is quite strange. Maybe it would be less bad if it wouldnt do things like the above mentioned things like random pulling mobs.

Dont get me wrong, I somehow like this story even for this flaws and so on, but I will still complain about such big mistakes.
PS: I even really like that the MC is a crafter and not some broken build fighter. Its kind of refreshing.

Nep

Dex-chan lover
Reminds me of the Grim Reaper in Persona 3 whose sole purpose is to annoy the hell out of you.

Dex-chan lover
Okay, but why though. I mean really, this fairy has literally been nothing but a major pain in the ass at best and actively malicious at worst, how do you have ANY positive attachment to her at all?

In the light novel the prank fairy is more endearing with how annoying she is. Plus there's times when she helps out, albeit in a way that ends up like a slight prank. Also MC just really got attached to watching her eat sweets if I remember correctly.

Dex-chan lover
@Nep he is annoying to find too if your party already strong enough to beat him XD

Users who are viewing this thread