Looks like Kissmanga might be done

Fed-Kun's army
bf6b229669.png

I tried to go on and this is what showed up and I thought it was hilarious. Seems Kissmanga might be finished.

Wow copyright owners are just sweeping through I hear that in 2021 pirating will become a punishable offense by law

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
@alexYang
Maybe another migration, but apart from that, not really.

Group Leader
Kissmanga has zero values now. Greed killed it, then turned it into cancer. There are better alternatives. People stuck with it because they had bookmarks but too lazy to search for their favorite series on another site.

@Jokerxy I think that law you're saying only applies in Japan, but possibly could extend to other countries with large anime/manga fanbases.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-03-10/proposed-japanese-copyright-law-revision-now-covers-downloads-of-manga-magazines-academic-works/.157347

Dex-chan lover
Knowing the owner of Kissmanga, I believe he will close the site down then open another one. He's done that before.

Edit: Also forget the announcement, either it's gonna go back up or it won't. He has never informed anyone about his decision to pack up and leave so don't expect it.

Its all gone. Expect a lot more traffic here on mangadex. I used kissmanga for years with mangadex as my backup, but it looks like mangadex will be my home now. This year sucks.

Wow I never thought this day would come. This is pretty devastating for the manga/anime crowd. I'm actually pretty ticked that I lost all of my bookmarks ngl and most aren't even available here. Also if anyone has a good alternate anime site other than crunchy roll tag me cuz idk what to do

Dex-chan lover
@tao
Kissanime seems to be down as well with same message
Welp, time to download them on my "almost no memory" phone
Luckily, I can watch some on Muse Asia and Ani-One :))

Power Uploader
Huge traffic incoming here.. MangaDex admins need to update servers in the near future I guess..

Group Leader
Kissmanga ?

I know there is a site with this kind of name, but i have never touch this site nor i visit it, not even once.

Group Leader
@ispcizero3rd Mangakakalot is the perfect alternative, if you want to illegally read officially translated manga as well. Otherwise, just read here or at Batoto. These two websites are where translators upload their work, and Kissmanga takes them.

I don't know what's the alternative for kissanime, though. Kissasian, too. Their videos are slow and suck, but they have a huge library.

Users who are viewing this thread