Ryuu to Yuusha to Haitatsunin - Vol. 3 Ch. 16 - You, I, and the Surcoat

Dex-chan lover
I just realized that "vikini" is just a play on the words "bikini" and "viking". So these are all vikings, even though the first one was a mage.

Aggregator gang
This is honestly a brilliant and entertaining manga. The whole crusade on vikini was amazing.

Dex-chan lover
I mean, if you're naked under the surcoat wouldn't that be more sexy?
Imagine the the side boobs and the exposed thigh.

Dex-chan lover
Outstanding chapter, thank you very much for translation!

g5env3a.png

Tempest is the true hero of this series 🤗

Dex-chan lover
Bikini armor for fantasy setting. And literal bikini/leotard for futuristic setting lol.

Wonder how this story would played in setting like, say, Taimanin series.

Dex-chan lover
I love all the callbacks to previous characters (even minor), like the glasses cultist, and the fighting couple, and the fire and ice mage from before.

Dex-chan lover
All hail the laws! No exposing armor! I side with that cultured man! Follow me brothers and sisters!

Thanks for another great chapter.

@Scrabbleman more like play word on Japanese. Since Japanese doesn't has "v". Thus "v" will be changed to "b", example Vietnam become Betonamu in Japanese. So Japanese will just pronounce bikini anyway.

Group Leader
@Panzercracker @Kathartes
Actually, the "vikini" is written as ヴィキニ in the chapter, which is different from "bikini" or ビキニ which we see in Last Page Fantasia.
ヴ is used when you specifically want to describe the "v" sound in Japanese that's not native to Japanese. So violin can be written バイオリン or ヴァイオリン and both are correct.

Not sure why the author did that, honestly. Maybe to say it's totally different from a bikini, which comes from the name Bikini Atoll?

Dex-chan lover
The low-IQ beta male vs The CHAD exhibitionist woman

Bikini armor needs to be used more often.

Users who are viewing this thread