The One I like Is My Sister but Not My Sister - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - The Reason My Sister and I Became Light Novel Authors, Part 1

Double-page supporter
inferior brother and superior little sister............. another shitty manga with lower self esteem protagonist . why this kind of manga always coming

The brocon is strong with this one. Also odd type of tsundere saying harsh things with a smile and going in his room when he isn’t home.

Double-page supporter
@bobo
It's got Oreimo's consultations/counseling and a dad that is against their hobby/aspirations, and the same cheap tsundere chatter.
It's got Eromanga-sensei's MC being an aspiring writer, and changed the sister's job to writer instead of illustrator, and presumably the whole "my novel is a culmination of all my feelings and emotions, and is essentially a love letter", only the sister never intended for her brother to have read it in the first place.

Honestly, I thought this was another work from the same author, with how similar everything is, only various small changes to the formula. Only major difference is probably that the younger sister is hitting lots of red flags, outright implying she's used to being in the MC's room when he's not around to the point of being familiar with his bed, and the usual messiness. The affection meter is starting out really high here.

I'm on chapter 9 of this series and its really the same as oreimo mixed with any other series in which the brother tries to become a better mangaka than his sister (she already became one lol). The harem cliché has a classmate stalker, a british blonde haired big oppai pervert illustrator and the sadist onee-san type editor.

Fed-Kun's army
One thing no one's touched yet is her pen name "eternal promise" that just screams of the typical childhood promise between siblings and/or childhood friends of marrying each other when they grow up but that obviously only the girl always remembers while the guy forgets all about it bringing us the "I hate you oniichan" phrase that the girl says and makes the guy think she indeed hates him and so we get the "before this thing(plot) happened awkward relationship between them until it happens and they get all chummy with each other" types of stories.

Fed-Kun's army
Didn't know there was a manga adaption of this as well. Thanks for the release, I'll be reading this along with the anime.

Group Leader
@chenando1
that's a very good point, I was curious about that as well when I was doing this.
I'm hoping it's something good, like marriage or something

Fed-Kun's army
Her response at the end. He's totally crushed by it. So cruel, he thinks.

She, on the other hand, is ecstatic. She thinks it's the best thing possible.

Yeah, it's a bit clear where this story is going.

The question is, just how well is it done?

ETA: After all the comparisons to OreImo, which I was not familiar with, I tracked it down on this site.

Was this site completely redone some eight months ago? That would explain why so many scanlations were mass posted at that time.

And why something as famous as OreImo appears to be has absolutely zero comments. Zip, zilch, nada, not a single comment anywhere, either the main page or the individual chapters.

For something held up as an item for comparison, with the opinion of it being good, that's rather hard to comprehend except as a repost or new post after everyone had already read it.

Users who are viewing this thread