Central Asian Cooking - Ch. 2 - Manti with Ms. Tajik

Dex-chan lover
Woah. Did they just eat raw meat? Hardcore! (Hope they don't get tapeworm)

I think it's enough to taste the onions if you want to check whether it needs more spices

Steaming usually cooks the meat. Chinese dimsum are made in a similar way too.

Double-page supporter
When I was a child, I would sneak tastes of marinated raw beef for Korean bulgogi. Today I would hesitate to do that! Instead, quickly fry a bit to taste.

Dex-chan lover
Did you guys never had steak tartare in your life ?

Dex-chan lover
interesting, eating raw beef meat won't make you sick if you eat it for tasting only/tiny bits.
there is a chance however for getting sick tho :/

If you handle them properly and use fresh beef from a trusted butcher, there's very low risk in eating raw beef.
Apparently risk also varies with region too, so look that up just in case ? I've had a lot of steak tartare in my life and never had any adverse effects

Fed-Kun's army
Meat isn't raw in manty, it's well done.

Kazakhs also do it with chinese chives ("jusai" in kazakh) or pumpkin in southern parts of country. On the north we make it with onion, but imo pumpkin filling is the best.

Fed-Kun's army
Depends in which country you live at tbh. Beef can be eaten completely raw in Spain cuz our regulations force companies to do it that way.

I’m Italian-American so it may be cultural but you can definitely eat raw meat. carpaccio (kind of like steak tartare) is delicious. Raw meat can be really great as long as it’s fresh and correctly prepared. Damn, when quarantine is over I’m going out for some.

Users who are viewing this thread