The Ruler of the Land

Dex-chan lover
Chapter 539- when boss tired waiting at final lvl, so he went down 97 floor just to end you

Dex-chan lover
Really, let's face it, the early part was better. Not that the manhwaga has lost skill--to the contrary. But what we have here is a fairly typical overarching plot involving massive conflict over the destiny of the entire land between various groups of amazingly powerful martial artists. What made it different was that our hero Han Bi-Kwang was a mainly comic relief character with no interest in any of that stuff, and his struggles to live his life, get some tail and maybe a few bucks without getting into too many dangerous fights or doing a lot of arduous training crap, were funny as hell. But as we got enmeshed deeper and deeper into the plot, he had to gradually step up and become the awesome savior dude, tragic backstories came out and so on, and the thing has gradually become more serious and, basically, more standard. It's still a pretty well done example of this sort of thing and I'm attached to the characters now, so I'm still here. But probably if the tone at the beginning had been the way it is now, I wouldn't have really started reading it.

Group Leader
@ Purple More like the series turns out more popular than the authour expected and thus took a more serious approach, if you look at all the un-introduced characters and guilds (such as Six Dragon God, one of the four major Neutral Forces Clan). Also there were a few arcs in which it could be done much better and thus longer like the first duel Kwang had with that Chun Oon-Ak (authour even admitted he created something more than he could chew and wrapped it up fast). A pitty though, since this series has a lot of potential that got wasted, but it's still good netherless. And yeah, agreed with you, it's how Kwang was in the beginning that got me interested in the series.

Dex-chan lover
But it had to get serious at some point... I mean, while its true that I also wouldn't have been invested in the series if it wasn't for the comedic nature of Kwang's character, could the story really have progressed this far if it continued to be "The Misadventures of Han Bi-Kwang"? Its only so many times he can run away from a fight or get slapped by Hwa Rin for misunderstands before it gets old(and for me, it kinda did)

Double-page supporter
from the start to the current chapter it was all good, i got no complaint, it make me laugh at the early chapters, and it make me got this-is-sparta feels

Power Uploader
Note: Village Idiot and Imperfect scanlated different versions of the manhwa, which divided the chapters differently. As a result, although there appears to be a gap between chapter 101 and chapter 107, nothing is missing. The volumes start and stop at the same place, at least.

If I can say anything about this is that it sticks to its pattern

I didn't plan to use my full power!
now im using my full power!
now im truly using my full power!
He can use all those techniques?!
Ah! He's sucking my Ki! What a trickster!

Pretty fun manhwa It's worth reading for the facial expressions alone they're adorably hilarious. Personally I liked the characters more earlier on but personality-wise their progression does not feel forced or without reason like it happens in so many other mangas when the characters obtain a drastic amount of power. In that regard, the manhwa also does a good job of providing an explanation behind the character's actions or change

Give this one a try if you haven't already. Tons of chapters to keep you entertained for a while

Chapter 557 captures the state of affairs perfectly: What in the world is happening...?

Fed-Kun's army
hmmmm, I remember picking this up several times in past years, think I kept dropping it cuz of sporadic updates back then.

Guess I'll binge through it again; if nothing else it has lotsa chapters to keep one occupied :>

I've tried to read through this so many times in all my years...but this time I made it farther than ever before. It establishes a pretty clear formula early in the series, and then it just repeats. I gave it a couple hundred chapters this time, but every arc feels like the same arc with new faces.

I'm really surprised at how long this manga has been running. It's just not that great.

Users who are viewing this thread