Ai dm session #92898 | dri-ai | for ivegotnolife

Dex-chan lover
I'd like to consult the memory banks that list the specs of the drones (Power supply, power requirements and consumption compared to that of the core, size, propulsion, capacity to operate autonomously on assigned tasks.)🤖

I'd also like more information on the form and physical size of the core (Is it like a basketball size matrix of synthetic neurons sustained by a DC electric current?) and it's capabilities before the sentient/self aware state it appears to be floating about in now. 👻

Aggregator gang
According to the memory banks these salvage drones are powered via a built in reactor and require no extra power. They each contain a Gamma level ai core which is more or less a computer that can think a bit and require orders to begin operating. They have the equipment to cut apart space grade hulls and the tools to take apart most components. They are about a meter by meter by meter sized due to the fact that the tools are stored out side it’s main chassis. They are propelled by electric arc jets.

The sensor bot is a drone equipped with cameras to allow the salvage bots to not contain cameras to save space. And is equipped with long range radios to allow communication with a master ai. It also contains a reactor and is propelled by arc jets. It contains a beta level ai core typically assigned to machines that interact with humans as they generally share the same mentality as children.

Your core is a essentially a synthetic brain powered via electrical currents and fiber optics roughly the size of a basket ball. Your physical core is stored with in a space grade case to protect it and is filled with storage racks and extra processing computers to aid your core. That’s where your camera is located. Your room is roughly 5 meters by 5 meters. Your core room has several sections and chunks missing

Dex-chan lover
Do the drone's AI possess analytical skills needed for technical evaluation, complex flow chart diagnostic operations, and repair operations?

Is the core's database storage racks and intrinsic CPUs currently active? Can I deactivate nonessential ship related regulatory functions to conserve power?
Now that there is no ship to speak of, life support, and functions pertaining to the ship's operation are just a waste of effort and energy!

Aggregator gang
the drones are only equipped with the knowledge to process and transport scrap.

they are and you switch off ones related t0 ship function which manged to spike your remaining power to last you 3 months

Dex-chan lover
Can I allocate a portion of my own analytical capacity to the drones in close proximity as a extension of myself to accomplish more complex operations?

Aggregator gang
yes as thats the job of the sensor drone though the slavage drones will need to stay close to the sensor drone to even function in the first place. sensor drones are equipped with long range radios

Dex-chan lover
Can I have the drones reposition my camera where I have a good enough view of the SMES and the power distribution components so my own sensory inputs can act as a substitute for the sensor drone?

If so I'd like to send the sensor drone, and 3 of the salvage drones on a search and recovery mission to procure more drones if possible.
Have the remaining 2 drones clear away the debris, and more thoroughly assess the situation related to the SMES, it's cryogenic support, and power distribution systems.

Aggregator gang
After a couple hours of the salvaging drones attempting to unweld your camera with industrial grade equipment they finally are able to reinstall it To look at the smes. Taking a look at it you immediately notice that the coolest tank was breach at some point and resealed as most of the coolest is gone meaning that the refrigerator is extremely inefficient using most of its storage to try and aid the refrigerator other wise the smes is perfectly fine. The drones are currently searching for more drones and managed to locate a miner drone quickly inside the scrap stuck to robotics. These are drones equipped with equipment to mine instead although this one is missing parts of its power cables and is leaking away power and is inactive.

Ooc wow your the first person to know what a smes is much less know how it works.

Dex-chan lover
When you say the breach was resealed do you mean a actual proper repair, or just the breach became sealed with slush, and frost on it's own? 😳

Dex-chan lover
....appears that the tank was heated causing it to melt and reseal the tank itself.
(something in a cryogenic cooling system heating to the melting point spontaneously seems a bit odd) 😳
I'm guessing the breach wasn't in the Cryostat storage unit itself, but rather a liquid helium storage vessel, or the refrigeration unit.

Aggregator gang
@ivegotnolife would you call your entire ship now being a asteroid belt a bit odd? also its the coolent storage tank not the system its self. so it just missing a lot of coolent.

Dex-chan lover
Now I understand why the SMES storage capacity is depleted, but did I read correctly on the previous thread that my support systems and power supply are not currently connected to the SMES? If so I'm running on power supplied by something else right now? 🤨

Aggregator gang
@ivegotnolife i meant it was strange that it wasnt connected already and now you see that the main power cable was cut in half and a piece of metal had happened to replace the missing section of cable it appears to have melted in.

Dex-chan lover
The melted metal shrapnel fragments, and the heat related breach and resealing of the helium storage tank makes me wonder if something blew up nearby recently amongst the drifting debris field.

The severed cable... I would suspect under normal conditions power would be supplied to the central core cabin by the ship's main power plant. It's unlikely the power was connected directly to the core's vital infrastructure due to the potential for surges, power drops, and disruptive feedback issues. So the power was fed through the SMES to be filtered and stabilized before it supplied the vital core infrastructure. The cables from the generators would have to be run to the power control systems to be converted from AC to DC before it's fed to the SMES, and then it's fed into the power distribution to be modified to fit the specs of the core and it's vital systems.
Is the cable that's been severed a cable from the power plant, from the SMES to the power distribution components, or the power delivery cable to the vital core systems? Is the cable one of a +/- DC power supply pair? If so theoretically the (-) cable can be cut, and reconnected as a hard short to the chassis safely.🤖

Aggregator gang
@ivegotnolife I should really explain your core room floor plan. Your core is sitting the the middle of the room behind you against the wall is the smes storage battery with a couple feet between you and the sems. There is a cable which connects it to you and an apc. The cable that is served is the cable from the smes to you and the apc

Ooc: do you by chance happen to be an actual electrical engineer?

Dex-chan lover
I'm not a licensed electrical engineer though I can hold my own in discussions with electricians.

Actually in real life I'm a master technician with hands on experience in Automotive, Heavy/Medium truck, Heavy construction, and large scale industrial equipment maintenance, repair, and advanced diagnostics. I'm equally comfortable in engine repair, engine performance, transmission (auto & manual) repair, electrical (DC & AC), multiplexed on board network systems, climate control, body, hydraulic systems, and hardcore frame and chassis work on just about every land bound machine on tires, tracks, rollers, or skids. In this day in age of hybrid/electric autos, and mixed power industrial crushers, conveyers, screeners, and shredders the line between my day job, and rocket science is a bit blurry.
My personal level is a bit above average among my peer group because I'm the one that usually got pulled into the game when things got ugly, and on particularly challenging gremlin hunts. So I suppose my profession, my early life as a science and technology nerd, and a bit of trekkie tech geek knowledge, would make my real life stats a bit above average (aside from my maturity, common sense, and social skills) .

🤖 That's not including the fact that I seem to have mind melded into the master core AI of a intersteller starship. 🤖

Does the APC supply/distribute power to the equipment within the core room, or does it act as a short time duration backup power supply for the core's vital systems? What is the APC's current condition, and functional status? Is it having to supply power to the core to compensate for any issues caused by the SMES output cable damage?

Also the long drawn out ESP like efforts by justforthelulz to look through metal, and gather information related to the SMES has me wondering whether the info he gathered was the AI's composite visualization of the situation based on telemetry data streams, or a mysterious optical view from the perspective of another camera or a yet to be discovered droid lodged in my infrastructure?
If it was a AI's visualization based on telemetry data from my peripheral network modules, is the long data crunching session the result of corruption of the data stream or network issues?😳

Aggregator gang
@ivegotnolife the apc is in perfect working condition although the paint has been flaked off due to age.

During normal conditions you as the core ai are able to interface with nearly every electrical device on board the data crunching was due to network corruption.

Dex-chan lover
When the functions related to the ship functions were disabled earlier in the session, did the network data stream integrity improve any?

Users who are viewing this thread