A Wife Who Heals with Tights - Ch. 25

Group Leader
I did some experiments with this chapter :
1. Compressed the png ( I used to upload the full png as a result lots of reader had slower page loading times).
2. Experimented with fonts for the second page. (Bad Unicorn).

So please if you have a bad experience reading the chapter please please ping me and tell what should I do.

Rapping about tights while wearing tights. That's not something I'd expect.

Dex-chan lover
i’ve seen the cool dude 90’s rap style parodied in a lot of recent manga. what are manga artists perception of modern rap?

Dex-chan lover
Ooooooookay this chapter was sorta cringe, ngl. Very little tights action too.

Dex-chan lover
... I never thought I'd use "cute" and "rap" in the same sentence before. Moreso with the former word describing the latter one.

Dex-chan lover
I can accept a certain level of corny fluff, but this is cringe territory

@Eidetic_Paarthurnax Thank you for compressing/optimizing the PNGs! I was doing it manually on my own device with optipng to save space, so it's nice not to have to worry about that. I noticed that your credits page became a 10.5 MB JPEG for some reason, but I was able to compress the original PNG version from Ch. 22 to 1.48 MB, so I wonder if that was a mistake (note that the PNG was corrupted somehow, so I had to convert losslessly to BMP and then back to PNG before optimizing). The smaller, lossless PNG is a definitely preferred.

@Eidetic_Paarthurnax Yo, I'm so sorry! I was writing up a response like a week ago and then got distracted and forgot to post it. Better late than never, I guess!

So, that credits page from chapter 22 that was like 21 MB was corrupted and literally about 60% metadata when I opened it up in a hex editor (seriously, like 12 MB of pure ASCII text in the form of XML tags like
Code:
<rdf:li>xmp.id:02801174072068118C14AE862C7C4ED1</rdf:li>
). For comparison, when I took the exact same PNG, fixed the corruption by converting it, and exported it from GIMP, it got down to 1.5 MB without doing anything special. I see that you're using Photoshop CC 2015, and this seems to be a known issue with Photoshop--looks like you can solve it by just exporting without metadata, which you should be doing anyway to minimize filesize.

That'll fix most of your problems, but I also recommend using ECT (Efficient Compression Tool) to (as the name implies) efficiently compress your PNGs after exporting them. There's a ton of lossless PNG optimizers out there, but I've found that ECT usually gets the best results while also being significantly faster than similar tools--about three times faster than the ones I was using before. There's no GUI, but it's really straightforward--just run
Code:
ect -9 -strip
on the files you need to compress (or just
Code:
ect -9 -strip *.png
in the folder where you have your PNGs to batch process) and let it do its thing. Here's my final result after optimizing with ECT, weighing in at a svelte 1.35 MB without any loss in quality.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you need a more detailed explanation and I'll see what I can do. Also, while ECT is (IMO) your best option, if you'd really rather avoid the command line I can try to recommend a GUI alternative.

Users who are viewing this thread