Brother for Rent - Vol. 3 Ch. 14

I get that her brother is still overwhelmed with grief. But he's trash none the less. Trauma doesn't excuse you from being a shitty person, epsecially not towards ayoung child still dependent on you.

Dex-chan lover
This is definitely foreshadow. "Summer is ending soon." Things are gonna get bad soon, huh?

Dex-chan lover
I remember reading a manga about a yukuza coming to a woman to pick up her debts, only to start caring for her daughter who is being abused by her.
The yakuza dude offers to live together with the girl and severing his ties to the yakuza for her sake but she opts to stay with her mother....

I reallllllllly hope that doesnt happen here, Kanami-chan please go live with best onii-chan

I hope that she gets a happy ending with ppl that love her and I bet her real bros gonna find her diary...

Dex-chan lover
Does the older girl know something about the bio brother? Something that justifies his extremely odd behavior???

Dex-chan lover
Seems like the college-girl might know the brother? This could get interesting

Double-page supporter
Thank you for translating this series. Just read all available chapters and the bittersweet story has really impacted me.

Fed-Kun's army
@pokefairy Her brother's behavior is understandable if you know how depression and PTSD work. There is nothing that justifies it.

Dex-chan lover
That was so sweet that there's no way the following chapters won't be depressing.

@Raydnt To be fair
The girl came out ultimately fine in the end, presumably because her mother fixed up her act since the loanshark had begged her to do so for her daughter's sake before he cut ties.

She was even reunited with the loanshark years later in highschool, and I like to think they started catching up with each other instead of parting ways like the one image of them walking side by side implies.

Dex-chan lover
@Tersione
You might be unaware, but theres a chapter 8.6 epilogue where they talk over ramen.
She says there that her mom has calmed down, but that isnt really evidence that she fixed up her act.

I still think the better option would have been to stay with him instead.

Dex-chan lover
@Raydnt I actually missed that one somehow. Thanks for telling me. I guess they really do catch up with each other. And I forgot that there was an alternate ending too where she goes with him instead.

Regardless of whether her mother really fixed up her act or not, at least she's faring incredibly well at present in spite of her childhood, so it isn't like her decision to stay ruined her life or anything, and I'm pretty okay with that, especially since she got reunited with the loanshark anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread