Issak

Dex-chan lover
@metalslime
you should've kept reading then

Dex-chan lover
This is a great start to a series. I highly recommend it.

What a great introduction chapter. The battles scenes were awesome and the panels had great perspective. I can't wait for more!

Contributor
Amazing artwork and the premise is unique. Hope this one doesnt get cancelled anytime soon.

Dex-chan lover
Oh snap, this is super interesting.

>getting angry a dude cut through a piece of wood with a katana

Try a little harder.

Power Uploader
Remember this is a bait chapter. Unless we get a team, there won't be anymore coming from us. All we have now are the translator, the proofreader and the cleaner.

Contributor
"inb4 superior 1000 fold katana can cut through plate mail like butter"
-99 reading comprehension @metalslime. He cut through a wooden stick, nothing more.

Fed-Kun's army
Seem like alternate history considering that he kills a historical general that is meant to live for another decade or so.

Dex-chan lover
I'm just curious how the fuck he managed to get to the HRE from JAPAN

Dex-chan lover
@BirchJuice That doesn't explain enough though, I don't even think Japan knew the HRE existed at that time

The author clearly seems to have confused the 30 Years War with the 100 Years War. I mean seriously, siege towers and medieval armor? Fucking bows and arrows?

@AbuHajaar Why would Japan not know of HRE and why would it be hard to get there? The 16th-17th centuries were the times European missionaries (like Francis Xavier) from Spain and Portugal frequently travelled to Sengoku Era Japan to spread Christianity. Some daimyos either became Christians or tolerated the missionaries, at least until the Tokugawa shogunate closed Japan off to the outside world during the Edo period, and later persecuted Japanese Christians (one notable event being the Shimbara Rebellion under Shirou Amakusa).

But more to the point, Japanese did come to Europe: Bernardo the Japanese was a Japanese Christian and the first Japanese to set foot in Europe in 1552-53. Later, Japan sent two diplomatic missions to Europe, its kings and its Pope: the Tenshō embassy in 1582 and another led by Hasekura Tsunenaga from 1613 to 1620. All those instances taking place before or at the start of the 30 Years' War, so a Japanese ending up there is really not that far fetched.

The pre-industrial world was way more interconnected than our popular culture would like to make us think, so always check before thinking something couldn't have possibly happened in the past or they lacked more knowledge than they actually did. A Japanese in Europe is mild stuff: if that surprises you, the wild stuff like an African samurai is going to blow your mind.

Dex-chan lover
Interesting I guess my eu4 rushes are historically accurate then lol

Also yeah other guy mentioned the confusion between the 100 and 30 years war which did throw me off.

Users who are viewing this thread