Hide user comments :rejected:

Honestly at least 60% of chapter comments make me wish I were lobotomized. A setting where comments are hidden completely or filtered to it just being ones from the uploader would be great.

Double-page supporter
Why not just... Don't go there?

But if you can't help yourself, use adblock:
Code:
mangadex.org##a[href*="comments"]

The uploader/group posts in the comments section sometimes. Honestly I'm fine with this not being implemented since me being bothered enough to make a thread will be sufficient in reminding me not to go there ever again.

Or for that matter, is there an option for the uploader to disable comments on a chapter? Quite a few of them simply descend into toxicity and entitlement. It's downright abhorrent, and I can't imagine that the translator/uploader likes that either. Far better to allow them to disable comments if they see fit.

I see. I'm surprised that it was rejected, but if that's the decision made, so be it.
Just a damn shame to see some content creators put off of their projects because of the opinions of others.

Double-page supporter
Part of the reason It was refused was on the basis that It is not the rights of the group to block someone from discussing what happens in a chapter just because they were the ones to translate it.

Contributor
Given some of the more controversial series seem to consistently ignite flame wars, I'm actually surprised I don't see more locked chapter discussion threads.

Contributor
@Tamerlane
If we go by word count alone (and ignore the actual message contained within), I think you make up that 60% all by yourself already.

Dex-chan lover
@justforthelulz

Some say that brevity is the essence of wit, not realizing that Polonius pontificated like a madman.

I say that verbosity is the essence of bullshit, but correct bullshit

Dex-chan lover
Pirates just generally don't like censors I guess, bunch of liberal/conservative (which one doesn't like governments?) Buccaneers

Dex-chan lover
@justforthelulz @Tamerlane
Polonius also died like a complete bitch, shanked on accident after being mistaken for someone else entirely.
Hmm... Dying like a complete bitch, you say? That kind of sounds familiar. Who else died like a complete bitch, but was actually a real person? I think his name begins with a 'T', but I just cant put my finger on it...

6vt8mOtm.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Titus, the roman emperor, died of fever where his last words were "I have made but one mistake"

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
d-do i ask context? No, the FBI would probably knock on my door.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah I'm gonna have to ask for context as well. I google searched that phrase (in Incognito mode don't worry haha) to see what manga it referred to and all I got was a warning that child sexual abuse imagery is illegal.

Double-page supporter
Pussa, every one of you. https://mangadex.org/chapter/978272/comments

Users who are viewing this thread