Solo Leveling - Vol. 2 Ch. 113

Dex-chan lover
Ofc people are gonna fight over who uploads first lol

Okay. There are some misspelled words. But hey, the art is also good.

Thanks for your effort!

I mean, good job translating, but, it's not cool to snipe, considering you have a litle worse quality, with misstypes and misspels popping up here and there, not mentioning how late you tried doing it.

Not mentioning you slapped the chapter before the other teams' one, not as an alternative translation, which is really not cool.

Group Leader
Not really a snipe. Group probably want to gain some site traffic.

you cant really snipe something that gets tl'ed in the first hour of the raw release, the dudes probably just trying to get some traction ,or trying to post a higer quality version. either way its fine

Double-page supporter
Is this the uncensored version?
5htgSdc.gif

@Stevie333 Some people will definitely criticize the uploader for having quality release but having some mistakes on translation. It seems that it really doesn't matter cause we can still identify the correct word but it's not totally a well done job.

Who cares about who publishes it first, it it's good enough that it doesn't hinder reading it's a decent translation. This was pretty good and I was able to read the chapter within a small amount of time of being released, everyone wins.

They did a good enough job and they did it faster. This whole sniping bs just needs to exit the public consciousness here because it does more damage then it does good. All it does is discourage people from taking a shot at translating both quicker and better. This whole pissing on mangas and marking them as your territory bullshit is retarded. If the """sniper""" starts producing TLs which speed do not justify the quality decrease people will just read the better translations.

I also don't care about sniping but I wish the chapter was posted with the same naming scheme as all the others (Vol.2 Ch. 113) so readers don't get fed the same chapter twice in a row when they're going through the series.

Dex-chan lover
@DeoAduivante like, I get what you mean and where you come from cause when the term "sniping" comes up, fans just lose.

But people need an incentive to do something, and if you put in work to translate something and someone releases just before you do, that's frustrating and discouraging. I think there just needs to be something of a gentleman's agreement between scanlators. If there is no sense of "owning a project" then teams will start focusing on rushing to complete the project, if I read a barely-readable translation hours before a better translation comes out, I'm not super likely to read the better one. It sucks to see these scanlator wars but cultures will always form some unwritten rules, otherwise they can't function.
Maybe we need a global summit for scanlators so they can put down some ground rules, haha.

Users who are viewing this thread