Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen - Vol. 12 Ch. 121 - Freshman Year, Spring

Dex-chan lover
Page 15 is really a sight to fall for.

Did the author recon the background story? I thought Pres was a national level genius. The top of the nation, No.1 in his age group, and not somebody who just made the cut.

He's considered a genius because of the amount of hard work he puts into studying.
It was mentioned more than once that unlike Kaguya, he isn't a natural genius.

Group Leader
Who's the one who's the daughter of the head of a major crime syndicate?

Group Leader
@Qelix: Yup, retcon it is. But it's forgivable. After all it was over 120 chapters ago, way back in chapter 1, that the mangaka asserted that Shirogane was "A man of unparallelled wisdom and intellect" and "A genius among geniuses, the top scorer in the entire country!" :
p12.png

As you can see, he even scored higher than Shinomiya, so this new back story is a bunch of horseshit.

It's unfortunate that the mangaka has decided to retcon the story and make Shirogane a dullard just so the useless Shinomiya can shine like the light that comes out of Bono's ass.

Yes, it's only a week after the start of the school year. And in chapter 65 you can see that he wasn't even the top scorer until the end of the first year.

I think @Schlaefer has it, at the start of his first year he was in last place... out of people who got a full scholarship to the most prestigious school in the country, which I guess made him top 10-ish in the grade. Then, presumably starting after this event 1 week into that year, he studied until he reached first place toward the end of that year.

Dex-chan lover
as someone who read the 1st chapter and didnt get interested, can someone tell me if in all 121 chapters there is any romance relationship progress at all?

Dex-chan lover
@kronix: YOU HAVE NO IDEA! The whole story is about romantic events happening and getting cuckblocked. Really, you start to think it's some sort of punishing game. But the blocking often enough happens in such a unique...no crazy...no over the top....there is no word to describe the insanity. And the horrible thing is, you come back begging for more.
And yeah slowly, but surely there is development. The characters do change! Not a lot, but breakthroughs do happen. Things change and even though you might see them being ignored in the next chapter, they tend to eventually reappear again. One of the characters even develops a health condition, because she cuckblocks herself to hard!
Kaguya and her heart condition.

-> But I sorry to say, they don't fuck though. I know how important this fact is for you. but at least Kaguya Wants to be Confessed to Official Doujin is a tad bit more on the ecchi, but they don't fuck there either.

regarding recon (@FredFriendly, @RexNemorensis, @Schlaefer, @kdrakari, @Maxer00): So, it's not reconned as it adds up, huh? He had it in it (standing at the top), but didn't try to excel. (So far so good. I'm buying that.) Than he got motivated by Kaguya and fell in love with her. And here we are. I have a problem with this. He was so stone cold and egocentric in chapter one
p14.png

p15.png
And now I'm supposed to believe, he had already fallen for her at that point? This just rubs me the wrong way.

@FredFriendly
In addition to the facts the other people pointed out, your page looks like it's mistranslated. It seems in the Japanese it's just supposed to say he's competing closely with the top scorers in the country. And it was already established in Chapter 4 that there's still someone above him.
Also the fact that it's suddenly not the square box narrator talking anymore when it comes to his "unparalleled wisdom and intellect" might be a hint that a more biased commentator took over to praise him in that part.

uhh,,
its been told from chapter 65 that prez is not a genius from the start, but a progressive genius who crawl his way to being number 1.

https://mangadex.org/chapter/21135/7

From chapter 31, he was only the top scorer in the last three exams, so only after the first exam of second year.

Dex-chan lover
Scores aside cause it was already explained, @Qelix has a point with how pres went full out cold towards kaguya.

Tho I have hopes the author will explain it all, after all it's the same genius of love (hehe) that planned all those part1 part2 chapters.

Also props to @Schlaefer for actually posting that exact page with the exact needed information lol

Yeah the coldness makes it seem that how he fell in love wasn't yet completely planned, but yeah maybe the author has an explanation for how he got from this chapter to the president in the first chapter. Otherwise whatever smaller inconsistencies/retcons are just a drawback of publishing and writing something in many small chunks.

Group Leader
i really like the atmosphere in this chapter, it gave me a different feeling compared to the other chaps

Dex-chan lover
Former seitokaichou feels like a character from a completely different series, which makes sense, and which I enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread