Cold Game

I like it so far but it has been a bit too predictable in my eyes

How was it determined that this series is a tragedy? Because based on what the author did to Joou No Hana, if that tag is correct, I’m leaving this feels trip (that I did not sign up for lmao).

Edit: Bless, the tag has been removed. I can finally read this in peace-ish.

It's been far too long since I've read a manga featuring games of intrigue and politics among nobles as good as this one! Hope there's more chapters to come in the future!

I like the main female character. It did get pretty dark there. Intrested to see where this goes.

Ooookay, this plot is Henry VIII's wives (give or take some name changes to avoid duplicates (c'mon Europe, THREE Catherines?)) x The Bachelor. Weird. I wonder how much the series is going to stick to that script?

Dex-chan lover
I was about to read it but when the first chapter a male character which act high and mighty and seemingly dominating the female MC appears I just had a very very strong hunch that he's the true male character which will ends up with the MC and the fiancee is just a stalking horse meant to be a stepping stone to make the MC 'growing up from the past' and made the old fiancee looks pretty bad compared to the new shiny powerful true male lead. All those 'promises' will be broken to prove that the story is 'realistic', meant to be a melodramatic plot device prepared by the author to create a plot in which the MC wavering between her past and new life. It will be a "I'm sorry I just realised that I fall in love with him, he's the one who always there for me when I'm down. Please just forget our childish promise in the past." situation.

The author will be portraying the MC as strongwilled but whenever the seemingly high and mighty guy needs to shine she will be cowering in fear, being awed by his awesomeness. Which will slowly melt her original resolve to oblivion and finally dedicate her whole life for him. After a lot of melodramatic trials and tribulations the two leads lives happily ever after.

It's not that this kind of story is bad in itself, I've just seen too many of this type of story that made me feels repulsed just by the hints of it. The first time I read something like this it was novelty for me, but after a lot of story using that formula it becomes tiring. I hope my prediction is terribly wrong though, if there's other people already read this far ahead, please tell me wether it is correct or not in spoiler tag.

Did not expect that much going in, but this one is checking all the great boxes. Strong cast with realistic motivations
Good chemistry between characters
Intrigues
Compelling story
Really happy I found this gem. Thanks for translating it.

MC appears the prideful strong willed type, or at least that's how she's intended to be portrayed.. until the plot needs the ml to look dominant then she gets nerfed. the truly humiliating thing wasn't being captured by the enemies, or even breaking down in a moment of weakness while in detainment, okay fine. it was having the ml save her when this could have been an opportunity to test that strength with action instead of just having the other characters mention it as merely an attribute of her personality, or showing the results of her swordsmanship very briefly through a flashback. get herself out of the situation while they were all taking their merry time bickering on whether or not to bother saving her. also I loved how the ML shows up last minute after appearing so apathetic to take the credit from the black haired dude who was prepared to face punishment or status demotion to help her. if he hadn't brought her disappearance up as an issue, would the ml have even done anything? seems to me like he just took this as opportunity to gain the black haired dudes allegiance like he originally planned too. arguably, all the ml had to do.. was stand there, throw a bag of coins, & look all cool xD

Such a good storyline!!! Hope it gets updated more regularly- pleases and thank you 🙌🙌🙌🙌

Users who are viewing this thread