Removal of chapter in manga dispute

I am posting this for my friend since his account cannot actually post yet due to being new, apparently.
So, a group of friends and I decided to speedsub a manga called Looking Up To Magical Girls, as the group that does translate it typically pushes the actual translation work back way farther than when the raws are actually released.
If people didn't find some creative influences to be funny, that's fine, but why was it removed from the website entirely? We translated it (as amateurs with very little Japanese knowledge beyond some friends that speak the language) and did so as close to the source material as possible. Just because jokes were added in does not mean we took away whatsoever the original intent of the statements beyond a single panel which was difficult to translate due to being entirely made of attack names, which are notoriously difficult to translate even for fluent Japanese translators.
From many of the aggregator sites that took the translation from this website, we've received many favorable responses from people that are just happy to have the translations.
All I'm asking is why this was removed from the site, and if it's something we are able to fix, why weren't we notified?

Group Leader
Don't speedsub a project that isn't abandoned, no one likes it and it's a lack of respect for the current team who translate the manga

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
Generally, when a fresh account snipes a series that has active translations with a chapter filled with stupid memes, untranslated bubbles, random TL notes and a general lack of effort, we assume it's a troll. After it got reported by dozens of people, staff took a look and collectively decided to treat this as a troll upload. The insulting private messages sent to someone involved in the active translations doesn't help your case either.

aDGRIvM.png

EvV9x8M.png

swD14GY.png

T9Es180.png

Miku best girl
Admin
Generally we give people the benefit of the doubt when it comes to judging whether a release falls into the category of being a troll or not.

In this case, the resulting product looks like a troll, smells like a troll, tastes like a troll, such that there's no way we can classify this as anything other than a troll.

If you genuinely were not intending to troll, then feel free to have another go, minus the memes, do some redrawing, etc.

Group Leader
You guys can start by reading some guides. https://quicksandscans.wordpress.com/resources/

VIP
The insulting private messages sent to someone involved in the active translations doesn't help your case either.

people need to learn how to interact with other people.

The silver lining of this release is that aggregators now have a chapter 15 of non-Helvetica quality.

Users who are viewing this thread