Is it possible to hide the "This post is hidden because you blocked ____" bars?

Banned
I've got enough bothersome users on my block list that most comments sections on the entire site have several blocked posts on them... sometimes multiple in immediate succession. And some pages, often due to prolific nuisances, are now covered with "This post is hidden because you blocked ____" bars over and over again.

Isn't there any way to hide that? To properly block them so there isn't ANYTHING showing up?
I couldn't find anything like that in the settings. There was something about hiding moderated posts, but these aren't moderated posts, are they?

It isn't like I can even report posts any more. I'm guessing one of the mods got tired of my reports and disabled it for me. One fewer avenue for purging the heretics, unfortunately.

Dex-chan lover
It isn't like I can even report posts any more. I'm guessing one of the mods got tired of my reports and disabled it for me.
giphy.gif

Don't know how relevant this is anymore given how old it is but i couldn't find anything else.
https://mangadex.org/thread/31210

lol hope i haven't been blocked already

Contributor
most comments sections on the entire site have several blocked posts on them... sometimes multiple in immediate succession
So this is what being on Hideki Kamiya's twitter is like. I wonder if OP's blocklist is in the hundreds, given the probability needed for the bolded part.

blockman.jpg

blockman.jpg

blockman.jpg

blockman.jpg

blockman.jpg

Dex-chan lover
@SotiCoto
This doesn't seem like it would be a major issue, but I agree that 'truly' blocking someone would make sense as a feature.

That being said,
OP, if you can even see this comment, I'd implore you to take this idiom into serious consideration: "If everyone around you seems like [a butthead], then maybe you're the [butthead]." I used less explicit words since I don't want you to take this as a personal attack or anything, as it's intended to be constructive criticism.

Banned
@bigtiddyoneesan : I've heard that saying with various minor changes to the wording before. It is ad populum nonsense though. Simple quantity of people doesn't dictate objectively who is or isn't an arsehole. It is all subjective, and everyone is an arsehole to someone. Just so happens most are to me.

Oh... and I'm not sure why you'd regard more or less "explicit" words to be an indicator of whether something is or isn't a personal attack. Do people even do that? ... Wait... what am I saying? People are mostly idiots. Of course they'd pick completely arbitrary reasons to be offended.
Well whatever. I wouldn't get offended if you chose to say "cunt" instead of "butthead". I'd be more annoyed if you spelt it wrong.

@sterven : That might actually be handy. I'm not that good at manually tweaking the blocker filters though. Might need a bit of practice. Thanks.

Double-page supporter
Add a custom filter rule:
Code:
mangadex.org##.post-blocked
In your adblock of choice.

Dex-chan lover
@SotiCoto
Simple quantity of people doesn't dictate objectively who is or isn't an arsehole. It is all subjective, and everyone is an arsehole to someone. Just so happens most are to me.
At least you acknowledge the fact that even your own definition of who is and isn't an asshole is subjective. In a sense, I can respect someone who is firm in his/her beliefs and does not heed the word of others to a certain extent.

However, nobody is perfect, and we all have acted regrettably in the past, and will most likely continue to do so in the future. Basic empathy can allow an individual to realize that everyone else is just as imperfect as said individual. When someone is consistently acting belligerent, then they indeed may simply be a negative influence. But it's important to keep in mind that bad days do happen to everyone.

Block who you want I guess, as long as you're aware that that sort of behavior can't be applied to the real world.

Banned
@bigtiddyoneesan : Of course nobody is perfect. That is a given. There is no such thing as perfection. But there are three major reasons why I block people:
#1. They consistently insist on being wrong (sometimes particularly heinous grammatical errors, but often other subjects for which there is a factual divide between correct and incorrect), and respond to all attempts to correct them with open aggression.
#2. Expression of opinions diametrically opposed to ones I hold with a high degree of investment, expressed as though believed objective on their part. This is mostly people talking shit about glasses... i.e. engaging in HERESY. I'm not in any position to battle them to the death for what I believe in, so I just block them.
#3. Casual use of words or phrases indicative of being anti-individualist, made to mindlessly belittle or demean anything which isn't consistent with social norms. This doesn't even have to be directed at me. This alone has contributed the most to my block list.

Contributor
@SotiCoto
Casual use of words or phrases indicative of being anti-individualist
I get that dealing with groupthink and hivemind opinions is often more trouble that it's worth; what are some examples of these 'indicative' words or phrases?

Dex-chan lover
@SotiCoto
Lmao, unironically some good rules.
respond to all attempts to correct them with open aggression
This is indeed a big deal. Pretty much everyone is prone to this idea (even myself in less important scenarios), but there is nothing 'cool' about attempting to shut someone and their ideas down through force and/or aggression. People who are actually reasonable know this.
Yeah, I kinda feel this way about big tiddy onee-sans. Shocking, I know. (But we all know everyone is mostly memeing when it comes to weeb tastes anyways.)
mindlessly belittle or demean anything which isn't consistent with social norms
Yeah, even though I know that "oh everyone has feelings", there are types of normies that even I can hardly see as more than NPC's.

In conclusion, blocking people who are unnecessarily vitriolic or are unwilling to have any sort of discussion makes sense to me. Not everyone is reasonable. (Personally, not blocking people just to see their posts and then thinking "well I'm glad I don't think like that guy does" can be fun in its own way.) Case in point, when I read the initial post of this thread I did have my presuppositions as to your reasons for blocking people; but through dialogue and you sharing your perspective, I've reached an understanding that would otherwise be impossible to get to.

Banned
@justforthelulz : At the risk of invoking the standard trolling response (i.e. If I mention I don't like something, the odds of someone immediately doing it just to provoke me are rather high)... The vast majority of my block-list is just from people calling things "edgy" or equivalent. I've been called that more times than I care to think about, and frankly the more they called me it, the less I wanted to have anything to do with it, until I started blocking people just for using the term non-ironically in any context. I've noticed quite a lot of people refer to chuunibyou behaviour that way too, though it is different to what they're usually referring to... which is just actively antisocial (but usually justifiable) sentiment.
But generally I'm wary of any sort of suggestion that I should do something because people do it, or vice versa... and the old "nobody asked you to" / "nobody is making you" routine doesn't sit well with me either... as though I could only act by the dictates of others... though those aren't instant block level yet.

@bigtiddyoneesan : I'm usually rather blunt in my corrections. Most of them are compulsive on my part, so I don't really want to waste too much time re-writing things to try and sound diplomatic or whatever (I'm no good at that anyway). I just can't ignore certain errors easily (not all, but many). Providing the corrections is the goal, not getting them to accept it. If someone gets pissy at me because I didn't coddle their ego enough in the process of cleaning up their metaphorical shit, I really REALLY don't have enough time for them.
For the second point... I really have to draw a subtle distinction here between people having different tastes.... and people acting as if my tastes are invalid. If someone says they don't like glasses, I might regard them as a heretic but I can't really do much about it. If they actively insult glasses... or even act as if disliking glasses was a foregone conclusion... it is fucking ON. And don't get me started on characters in manga doing those things. Nothing is quite as frustrating as someone fictional who absolutely deserves to be tortured to death and never will be because the author never even considered what they did to be wrong.
Anyhow... whether someone is generally aggressive or not doesn't make half as much difference to me as whether I personally regard whatever they are doing as justified / correct or not. And I just happen to have different values / standards to most, and being .... casually abrasive is my norm.

Group Leader
I'm usually rather blunt in my corrections. Most of them are compulsive on my part, so I don't really want to waste too much time re-writing things to try and sound diplomatic or whatever (I'm no good at that anyway). I just can't ignore certain errors easily (not all, but many). Providing the corrections is the goal, not getting them to accept it. If someone gets pissy at me because I didn't coddle their ego enough in the process of cleaning up their metaphorical shit, I really REALLY don't have enough time for them.

Anyhow... whether someone is generally aggressive or not doesn't make half as much difference to me as whether I personally regard whatever they are doing as justified / correct or not. And I just happen to have different values / standards to most, and being .... casually abrasive is my norm.

This whole thing sounds like something straight out of r/iam14andthisisdeep... Very edgy... You block people for calling you that. Well, I can sorta see the reason.

There's a saying: it's not what you say, but how you say it. There's a difference between saying "I don't think this is okay" and "You're a stupid maggot". Of course, I'm exaggerating a bit, but that's the idea. When you converse with someone, it's not just about proving that you're right, but also to express yourself in a way that others can understand. You don't have to coddle someone's ego, neither do they have to coddle your ego. If you can't express yourself, in most situations, with at least a certain degree of diplomacy and politeness, then that's a personal problem you need to work on. No one likes being around an abrasive person, on top of that, who's proud to be one. Someone else is being an asshole? Well, that's bad, but check and make sure you aren't one yourself first.

Casual use of words or phrases indicative of being anti-individualist, made to mindlessly belittle or demean anything which isn't consistent with social norms.
being .... casually abrasive is my norm

These usually go hand in hand.

Block who you want, I guess. It'll just be in everyone's best interest.

Users who are viewing this thread