Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 2 Ch. 12 - Northern Barrier

Aggregator gang
pretty sure the author was looking for "Wall" (parapet, embankment) not Wahl(choice, election) 🤭

The way Fern asks questions just to be sure if Stark isn't another lazy person and doesn't have problems with time control like Frieren.
Also Frieren hiding just so they can't move on was great.

Huh... Weird

Why the town authority quickly opened the gate for frieren And organizing the fanfare for their departure?

• Confused
Reactions: GK
@Indomiegoreng how is that weird? She is from the heroes party, the town is facing some dangers so someone from the heroes party going to the north seems like they are embarking on the journey to defeat remnants of the demon king, and since they are kind of new hero party going out to save them they threw fanfare to wish them good luck on the journey or something like that.

I don't think its that weird.

Dex-chan lover
My guess is the 'Bakr' Canyons should either be 'wacker' (adj.) which means 'brave' or 'Wacker (colloquial short form of 'Wackerstein' [n.]) which means boulder.

Dex-chan lover
I expect some sad passing of time arc of the young guy and girl eventually having a child, dying and then their child being adopted by Freiren

Dex-chan lover
@bonnyApoptosis The literal is "bakuru", which doesn't really give any meaningful results on Google. Hard to interpret that one since it's quite vague lol, and I doubt the author knows much German. Do either of your terms sound like that? I don't know German pronunciation sorry

Dex-chan lover
@zStella
Yes, that's a phonetically similar enough approximation to the vakka/vakkr (depending on dialect) pronounciation that you'd get. No guarantee to that being what the author had in mind ultimately, I agree.

Dex-chan lover
i already prepare myself for the feel in this chapter..
thank god it's not.

thanks for the chapter

Dex-chan lover
QxjjvKF.png

Users who are viewing this thread