Edomae Elf - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - When it Comes to the Faithful

Double-page supporter
HMMM I WONDER WHO THAT WOMAN IN WHITE IS TRULY A MYSTERY MMMM

Dex-chan lover
Oh... Looks like new group will take over, thanks o.o! I thought it was snipped

Dex-chan lover
Elf-san is probably using magic to whisper in peoples ears what she wants in terms of offerings.

Dex-chan lover
I hope Elda chose to came to this world when summoned, not forced to.
It'd be pretty terrible to be forced to spend almost eternal life away from your world even they take good care of her.

Dex-chan lover
With these sort of themes and characters I always wonder how much of it is supposed to be some otaku-wish-fulfillment appeal ... like, "wouldn't you love a life where you can laze about all day and someone takes care of you and you're still kinda respected despite being a piece-of-shit-do-nothing garbage person ... " ... that sort of scheme, so to speak.

Anyway, seems kinda cliche with the background but fun enough and I always like it when you get a really nice view of real locations so I'll stick around for a bit.

Dex-chan lover
This chapter is incredible in many ways that may not seem obvious to people from a Judeo-Christian background. I was wondering when I read the first chapter whether the worshipers understood what Elda is and whether they understood that she isn't an actual divine being in the traditional sense of divinity. She already admitted right away that she can't grant wishes or function like an actual god (from her perspective). However, in the context of a Japanese kami, her effective immortality is already more than enough. This chapter shows that the worshipers don't need a wish-granting god or a conceptually divine one. The fact that she's immortal and able to interact with them throughout their lives, unchanging and always familiar, makes her more of a god than the traditional divinities they can't see or touch.

It also doesn't hurt that she buys games, I guess.

Not sure I like that everyone seems to know their goddess is an elf from isekai and a shut in.

Dex-chan lover
Hmm, this was surprisingly deep. They all know she's not a real god, but to them it doesn't really matter because she's always there, so she's a "God" in the sense that she's eternal, and that gives the people peace of mind.

pretty deep. As we grow old and change, Elda will remain the same (physically) she probably stays shut in to remain utterly unattached to people cause everyone else's life span is shorter than hers

Users who are viewing this thread