How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom

"Polygamy is okay in this country as long as you're rich" Cool... I like how you have to be rich to have multiple wives, but whatever.

@Kreydis: This also includes polyandry in which a woman marries multiple men if I remember it right.
The manga has to cut something down but I still miss the explanation about the sewers. They actually used to be so that the king can flee if push comes to shove.
7 chapters in and I for some reason still can't get accustomed to the art. Although it is beautiful I sometimes still get confused and that bothers me.

Dex-chan lover
Kreydis - that's how legal polygamy works in the real world. You couldn't just have multiple spouse just because - you had to be able to fully provide for them including all living and eating expenses, housing, allowance, and provide for all the children you had with them.

Dex-chan lover
The new Mamazon hide her face with a fan,LEFT 98% OF HER BREASTS OUTSIDE HER CLOTHES.Nice.

Contributor
@CucarachaEnojada
Booo,it's not funny if the harem is legal.No effort in the hunt is boring.

Everyone knows the real purpose of a harem is to have a wide variety of fan service. I doubt his harem will ever even bicker, unlike the Princesses in the Ring King.

Dex-chan lover
The artist is getting a bit out of hand with the fan service...

"A revolutionary transferred-to-another-world administrative fantasy"
In other words everything becomes controlled by a centralized bureaucracy, everything the MC decides works out, and anyone who does not want to go along with it are ugly and dumb. xD

Double-page supporter
that picture on the cover volume
a pastiche of "Napoleon crossing the Alps"

I want to like this, but the author's just not knowledgable enough. I'm pretty sure the economic situation re: the food situation just isn't one that happens in a knowledgeable, open market. Cotton fetches a higher price than food crops? Just how many real-world examples are there of such a scenario happening outside a command economy? Your peasant farmers may be ignorant about a lot of stuff, but I think they'd watch agricultural market trends extremely closely. Not growing enough food to survive is just asinine. Were the prices of food crops held artificially low during the current near-famine conditions? Price fixing just doesn't work, there's lots of evidence demonstrating this.

Also, the title ostensibly translates to "How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom", but this hero (and author) comes across as a pretty strong idealist, politically. For example, the high-ranking bad people are also conveniently incompetent at their jobs...yet the author themselves has quoted Machiavelli, right? Maybe Bismarck too? He seems to use a lot of absolutes in his speech, arguably a rhetorical choice, but it doesn't really come across that way. Maybe they can turn it around, it looks like a decent first try, but it's currently a "rule of cool" story more than one of political reform.

Dex-chan lover
This artist sure does his large breasts, and it shows!
We've got flat chests, small chests, and the moderate ones that'd fit in your hands.
Then, at least 5 sizes are skipped to 'WHOA MAMA! CHECK OUT THE MAMMARIES ON THAT ONE!' *Queue thirsty howling wolves*
I think the duke shown in this recent chapter tops the queen's, though it may have just been the angle.

Dex-chan lover
@b33fy Well, people writing about heroes wielding swords know even less about warfare. Heck, half of the people writing about games don't know about games.
Including journalists :D
But jokes aside, most people still love to see their heroes to succeed, save the dragon, slay the princess and establishing world peace. I guess the romantic approach like this should be translated as "down to earth hero", rather then "hero-realist".
I honestly sympathise with your desire for technical depth in literature though.

Dex-chan lover
The whole thing starts off as bs. The king would never cede his throne to some random bloke that is supposedly more knowledgeable in some fields. He would make him an advisor at best. The whole thing starts unrealistically so it is no wonder it continues in a similar fashion.

Fed-Kun's army
@criver: The manga has dragons, half-breeds, and 6 forms of magic and the ABDICATION is what makes it unrealistic?!

@b33fy
I'm pretty sure the economic situation re: the food situation just isn't one that happens in a knowledgeable, open market. Cotton fetches a higher price than food crops? Just how many real-world examples are there of such a scenario happening outside a command economy? Your peasant farmers may be ignorant about a lot of stuff, but I think they'd watch agricultural market trends extremely closely. Not growing enough food to survive is just asinine. Were the prices of food crops held artificially low during the current near-famine conditions? Price fixing just doesn't work, there's lots of evidence demonstrating this.

Actually, this exact situation is currently happening in several countries of the Guinea Gulf Coast : formerly colonial economy forcibly switched to chicago school liberalism under the influence of the IMF. Food production (mainly rice and millet) was sufficient to allow export but were switched to cash crop (cotton in this exact case) in exchange for ''economic aid". Now, these countries rely on food import (inflation) and the price of cash crop is too fluctuent (due to subsidised overproduction by the US amongst things) to allow a stable economy, hence increasing poverty. As said previously, no planned economy here (ultra liberalism), just plain greed.

Just re-reading "the Prince" of Machiaveli and you can clearly see the influence on the Author.

Dex-chan lover
@criver: the king did have a reason, but it doesn't get revealed until vol 3 or 4 of the LN.

Users who are viewing this thread