Ace of Diamond

@raininjah
I won't expect much, I think there's simply too little incentive to scanlate this series as the anime cover everything up to chapter 411, that's why only chapter 412 translated to complete the story, also the group who do the early chapters of this series now scanlating the second act.

I fell in love with Dia after Major, baseball manga will always be dear to me since that's what sparked my interest in anime and manga.

Thanks for the continuous release!

This whole series sucked ass ngl.
The beginning had the chance to actually be an interesting an fun manga but it just does not draw people who don't play baseball in. It focuses too much on side characters and the whole idea of having two main characters fight for supremacy is interesting but there is a reason why no other story does this type of thing. There needs to be one main character that the story focuses on and the side characters should be supporter roles and not main focuses of the story. That is why most manga come up with spinoffs to satisfy that niche.

5/10 this story was ruined by not being focused and spending too much wasted time on other characters.

I disagree this is one of my favorite sports series and Act II (the next part in the series) makes everything feel worth it!

I think the stakes feel pretty lame if it's only one character showing off all of the time, I enjoyed getting to know the Seido team and each character feels very unique and non-gimmicky. While I do think Sawamura gets shafted a few times, he is also given ridiculously great chances (especially considering he had ZERO baseball experience going into Seido). He'll get his time to shine in the next part and the buildup makes it even better. The cast is great. I love the supporting characters. This series isn't a series where the main character just blows through everyone else, it's just not that kind of self-insertion enjoyment OP main character, rather it's about the struggles of a sports TEAM and what it takes to truly dominate on a national level.

Anyone who sees this comment I would definitely give this series a chance! It's definitely one of the most realistic takes on sports teams I've seen in manga. And head over to Act II for glory moments :)

The only thing that would make this story suck is if you don’t finish it. My sister had to put down this manga several times over the years, but when she finally took the plunge she fell really hard.

Not gonna lie. It was frustrating as hell. Especially if you happen to surrender your heart to Eijun’s perseverance. But this is a manga which opted to illustrate slow, genuine growth. This is SLOW BURN people, not the prince of hype. Although I would really recommend watching seasons 1 & 2 of the anime and the OVA and then proceed to read the manga of the sequel (then watch the anime for the sequel). The voice-acting and the OST are just just superb. Besides, if you’re new to baseball, you might understand more when there motion involved.

I promise you, at the end of the road, the reward for all your anger and frustration is amazing. Diamond no Ace Act II is a godsend.

Then join discord for more discussions of Sawamura’s greatness lol

Group Leader
The two previous comments have basically hit the nail on the head. Before reading Ace of Diamond, there are 2 things you need to know:
  1. This series won't hold your hand through the basics of baseball. For optimal reading experience, you should have some basic knowledge of the sport beforehand (strikes, balls and (fly, put, ground) outs, runs, batting order, fielding positions and their associated number,...) and some glossaries (double play, pinch/cleanup hitter, deadball). Not pitch types though, it's hard to visualize through manga pages and made even more difficult given how some types are different than those according to MLB terms. Personally, I just feel the vibes, or watch the anime to see how they actually look
  2. Like the previous comment has said, this is a slow burn. There are 411 chapters total with about 20 pages each, and that's NOT counting Act II. That being said, the pacing is pretty incredible. You have the introduction, training, obstacles and bitter failure arcs well built up. All leading up to that sweet, sweet taste of victory (and the satisfaction of seeing our Seidou leads succeed). What even more amazing, is how compelling and realistic the motivations for every single character are. There are of course, some parts and characters that are subpar to others, but those who persevere will be awarded accordingly
In conclusion, Haruichi best husbando it's definitely one of the best sport mangas out there, especially if you yourself had played sports competitively at one point. I'm really looking forward to Act II (its publication is also finished!)

Last edited:
Aggregator gang
I went into this manga having exactly zero knowledge (nor interest really) on baseball other than the battery. No idea what fielding is (still not sure tbh) and i had to look up a baseball diamond 🤦

That being said, the dynamic characterization pulled me in right from the start, and the spot-on pacing and comedy gold got me hooked. The author is extremely intentional with his storytelling. I find action panels very easy to grasp as a complete novice, and those slice of life breaks in between are simply exquisite.

I have been reading this on and off for a while but it’s one of those mangas i can pick up at any point and still have a good time. I wish it was so much more popular!

Raichi best boy btw.

Looking forward to reading Act II !!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread