Music Tournament 2: Battle Music!

Music Tournament 2: Battle Music!

• Anime-Only Opening Music

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Anime-Only Ending Music

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Emotional Music (Anime, Games, Movies)

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Video Game Menu Music (Lobby, Save, Customization, etc.)

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Video Game Town/City/Village/Civilization Music

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Spooky Music

• Relaxing Music

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Licensed Music In Games, Anime, Movies

• Retro/Classic Music

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Other

Votes: 5 13.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Group Leader
Good evening, ladies and gentlemen and hideyoshi, and all the other genders we have yet to make up!
099.gif

This is the moment everyone has all been waiting for! We now begin the second music tournament of Mangadex: Battle Music Tournament!

We have 64 submissions from our biggest music nerds on the forum, which are considered to be the best battle theme from games, anime, and movies from all over the world. These are then divided into 32 pairs, separated into 4 quadrants of the bracket. You will listen to the tracks in each pair, then vote for the one you think is better. Each day, we will do 4 pairs to avoid voters getting burned out. After 24 hours, I will count the votes and announce the winners. We will then move on to the next match-ups. Simple, yes?
056.gif

Just like the previous tournament, the prize for the winner is absolutely nothing Mangadex Swag!

Here is the bracket, which will be updated constantly:

cgkobJ9.png

Let's begin the tournament! Here are the first 4 matches:

Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Kami's Lookout VS Samurai Warriors - City Of Flowers
Gundam Build Fighters - Open The Future Mix VS Digimon World 2 OST - First Boss Theme
Nier Automata - Bipolar Nightmare VS Ace Combat 3D - Zone of Endless
Persona 5 Royal - Take Over (Battle Theme) VS Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards - 0² Battle

Any discussion and analysis as to why which one is better or what you think about each song, etc. is highly encouraged! So if you feel like talking or shitposting, knock yourself out!
9.gif

Take your time! Crank up the volume! Enjoy the music! And vote!

Have fun! And good luck to all participants!
018.gif

And you are welcome to vote in the poll if you're interested. The question is: which theme would you like the next tournament to be?
Upanhso.tk-52.gif

And lastly, here's a word from one of our sponsors:

2018-Concrete-Playground-Area-Guides-Haymarket-Chinatown-Kitti-Smallbone-5N-Pho-Pasteur-3.jpg

Phở or pho (UK: /fɜː/, US: /fʌ, foʊ/, Canada: /fɑː/; Vietnamese: [fəː˧˩˧] (About this soundlisten)) is a Vietnamese soup consisting of broth, rice noodles (bánh phở), herbs, and meat (usually beef) (phở bò), sometimes chicken (phở gà). Pho is a very popular food in Vietnam where it is served in household, street stalls and restaurants all over the country. Pho is considered Vietnam's national dish.

Pho originated in the early 20th century in northern Vietnam, and was popularized throughout the world by refugees after the Vietnam War. Because pho's origins are poorly documented, there is disagreement over the cultural influences that led to its development in Vietnam, as well as the etymology of the name. The Hanoi (northern) and Saigon (southern) styles of pho differ by noodle width, sweetness of broth, and choice of herbs.

Pho is served in a bowl with a specific cut of flat rice noodles in clear beef broth, with thin cuts of beef (steak, fatty flank, lean flank, brisket). Variations feature slow-cooked tendon, tripe, or meatballs in southern Vietnam. Chicken pho is made using the same spices as beef, but the broth is made using chicken bones and meat, as well as some internal organs of the chicken, such as the heart, the undeveloped eggs, and the gizzard.

When eating at phở stalls in Vietnam, customers are generally asked which parts of the beef they would like and how they want it done.

Group Leader
Nice, lets jam together

City of Flowers
Open The Future Mix
Bipolar Nightmare
Take Over.

edit : Bitch, next tournament must be emotional music, please be it. Lets share some tears

Dex-chan lover
City of Flowers
Bipolar Nightmare
The Crystal Shards

Also next music tournament is Sabaton. Deal with it.

Dex-chan lover
I just have a preference for the other two because I don't care. @pandascepter

I voted for City of Flowers because I suggested it, I voted for Bipolar Nightmare because that song name is hilarious and describes my ex-wife, and I voted for the last one because it's Kirby.

Also, find me another Band that actually performed on an actual tank. I dare you.

d316290a9c4e17d92ce26e06dce4333d.png

Contributor
Round 1 votes in bold:

Gundam Build Fighters - Open The Future Mix VS Digimon World 2 OST - First Boss Theme
Persona 5 Royal - Take Over (Battle Theme) VS Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards - 0² Battle

Also, you definitely pitted Kira vs Giorno on purpose. @Mr_Detective

Dex-chan lover
Round 1 Phase 1 Votes

Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Kami's Lookout

Gundam Build Fighters - Open The Future Mix

Nier Automata - Bipolar Nightmare

Persona 5 Royal - Take Over (Battle Theme)

Most of these were pretty easy winners imo. The only close decision for me was Kami's lookout vs. City of Flowers

Dex-chan lover
the bout's on, thus i shall vote!

Samurai Warrior's City of Flowers. it's just Kami's Lookout didn't fit me well, sorry dragon ball

GBF's OpenTheFutureMix. the nonsense rap at the start and the end is great, then followed by vibes and such. good track good fight.

Nier Automata's Bipolar Nighmare. nonsense vocal on a good track did a great work to make the track better. and i don't know in what kind of fight Zone of Endless will make, so yeah. confusion.

Kirby's 02 Battle. because kirb. also greatly depict the fight against something really evil in a safe, fluffy world. however if i were to attempt a heist or doing some traveling, i'd prefer Persona 5's take over. both are great tracks fits to their own game, Kirby just won over me because of kirb.

Kami's Lookout
Open The Future Mix
Bipolar Nightmare
Take Over

And I am going for a holiday this week, so @Mr_Detective here are my picks for the entire first round.

Day 2

Vordt of the Boreal Valley
eXORCIST
The Art of War
BFG Division

Mick Gordon vs Mick Gordon is such an epic matchup.

Day 3

Cannon Ball
Aerial Combat
Digby Vermouth - Supernova Dreamsicle
Halo Theme (Mjolnir Mix)

Day 4

Ultimate Final Boss
Burning Throb
Mogadishu Night Battle
Deathmatch Theme – Star Conflict

On a tangental note, Star Conflict used to be really fun. Some aspects of the game I found quite well done and refreshing while I was playing it. I liked it. It sticks with me as an example of a fun starship game (before the expansions).

Day 5

Reki, Fire! – Hidan no Aria
Il Vento D' Oro – JoJo's – Giorno
Battle – Fate/Apocrypha
Naming Sense – Kill la Kill

Day 6

Dog Fighter
Seigi Shikkou
Gunland
Theme of Wesker

Day 7

The Stains of Time
The Rumble of Scientific Triumph *
Decisive Battle – JoJo's
Last Stand

* Everybody watch out for Made in Abyss spoilers in the comment section of this song link.

Mr. Blue Sky is an example what I mean by a 'Licensed Song in A/F/G'. It wasn't made for the media or as part of an original soundtrack, it was released as an original song and is used in the media by license. They have a very common usage in film.

Day 8

Battle I – Cautious Hero
IZUNA
Malebolge
Code Red

Group Leader
This was a tough match. One hell of a way to start the tournament. City of Flowers was catchy and memorable. However, the same can be said for Kami's Lookout, perhaps even more so. What gives it the edge over City of Flowers is that it's intense and blood-pumping. It's like a combination of Castlevania + Final Countdown + Techno, and the result is
043.gif
City of Flowers sounds like something from a Classic Mega Man game, or some platform game, which is great, but I prefer the more intense DBZ track.

Another tough match-up. I think... OTF could probably benefit from having a more audible vocal, but it's still a good track nonetheless. First Boss Theme is slightly better, with its simply but catchy instruments. A very close call, but I think I'd pick the later. Both are tracks I'd love to listen again, though.

It's very clear that Zone of Endless is one of those tracks that will benefit greatly with context. On its own, uhm... it's nothing to impress me. Bipolar Nightmare, well, let's just say that it does everything better. Intense, exciting, memorable, definitely a clear winner.

Haven't played P5 yet, but as expected, Persona music doesn't disappoint. Good vocals, excellent instruments, overall a very exciting and memorable song. 02 Battle is not a bad track by any means, but it's outclassed by Take Over, and it also doesn't wow me that much, to be honest.

@pandascepter Let's become depressed and commit sudoku together.
006.gif

@bigtiddyoneesan Ah, yeah. That's what I tried to do. Somehow I must have made a mistake. I already fixed the matches. Should be okay now.
@Afiaki No internet wherever you're going? How can the others shitpost without you?
059.gif

By the way, did you see the new bracket? I change the match up for Wesker's Theme and Lord of Cinder, on the right side.

Ah... Aaahhhhhhh!! It changed! What changed! I see differences but I don't know what it means!

Wait, wait... Phew...
I still had the link to the past image.

Afiaki revised their selection... but nothing happened!

@Mr_Detective
I might be able to get internet somehow, but rather... this is a rare opportunity to have a break. Perhaps I can finally make progress on various things...
And fish! And also get heavily rained on. But still go fishing.

Dex-chan lover
@Mr_Detective I will say that because Samurai Warriors is a hack and slash and the level that "City of Flowers" plays on is an all-out brawl of a level between Keiji Maeda, Goemon Ishikawa, and Okuni, the music feels much more intense and blood pumping in the heat of it.

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
Samurai Warriors- City Of Flowers, This type of music is my style.
Digimon World 2 OST - First Boss Theme, it's probably the repetitive nature of the song that makes my head bop and my foot tap.
Nier Automata - Bipolar Nightmare , i had a friend who liked the game to the point of buying a figurine, maybe i'll play it too, since i never did. (Fellas, can you say you're not an otaku if you buy a figurine?)
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards - 0² Battle, kirbo held a knife and told me to vote for it.
lmao
5DyX2JR.png

Dex-chan lover
Have you never seen that video?

It's a meme. I've seen Halo parodies of it, and one where it's Giorno and Diavolo @Richman

(Also I'm assuming my warhammer miniatures don't count as figurines for legal reasons in regards to being a weeb)

Users who are viewing this thread