14-sai no Koi - Vol. 8 Ch. 37.6 - Intermission 49

Power Uploader
absolutely best couple (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

i love every chapter with them

Dex-chan lover
"Let me measure your face"

I assume this is... SOMEONE'S fetish.

Dex-chan lover
Those masks have elastic bands. I can understand a model for little kids (maybe they have bear or bunny pictures), but otherwise it's one size fits all.

Dex-chan lover
She was thinking about spend "Christmas" with him?
Ooooooohhhhh....

Dex-chan lover
the author for laziretardaitus
it's when author has a story, with main couples then he/she gets bored of his/her own story... so they insert to the story useless couples / characters that readers could give zero fucks about to add some sort of "drama" to the story but in reality it doesnt add anything but time away from the real MCs.

Dex-chan lover
Finally a new chapter, & one featuring my favorite teacher x pupil pairing. Nagai, dude, I know you're too young to realize it, but you hold all the trump cards in this relationship. You could have Sensei totally wrapped around your finger.

Fed-Kun's army
I'll hop in and agree that these two are one of my favorite couples in any manga ever. The teacher rides the line perfectly between tease and actual romance, but never goes hard enough to make you think she'll take advantage of him. Meanwhile Nagai is tsundere delinquent done wonderfully.

It actually IS a bit creepy, but that's a large part of why I love it. It's a romance with a bit of forbidden spice added into it, yet in the end you're left comfortable because you know she isn't that kind of person.

Double-page supporter
I'd be less skeeved by the teacher-student "romance" if he wasn't 14 years old. I can tolerate it when it's 2nd or 3rd year highschoolers but middle school is a bit much.

Dex-chan lover
@RedOnYellow
Hinohara is the best thing that ever happened to Nagai at school. He's an isolated wannabe delinquent, who most obviously has some problems. Hinohara is the only one who believes in him (as cliched and cheesy as that sounds), wants him to succeed at something, and makes him work for it, at the same time ensuring he has at least some good memories from his school years. You can tell how much he values her by the very simple fact a punk is voluntarily doing singing practice. All the other teachers would just try to ignore him (since he's not actually bothering others overly much) or give him bla bla bla lectures.

It's a ten year gap, which is quite close to the couple in "Game Over."

Heck, it's probably more the fact that since it is male student x female teacher, we are culturally inclined to frown upon it, more so due to current understandings of influences. Anyone who read or watched Chobits would know
, though I found that the male student in the case was a hypocrite since he knew that while the relationship he was engaging in was taboo and he didn't give a damn, and the teacher fell for him, he basically didn't give the MC dating Chii any blessing at all, and even condemned it
. The news stories that crop up every so often of a female teacher seducing their students doesn't help, and the increased media these tend to get tend to wipe out the male teacher x female student stories, because that is more commonplace and somewhat accepted (though we are still left shaking our heads.)

Now, if we take that ten year gap outside of the classroom (e.g 26/36,) it's looked upon in a more positive light, particularly if the male is older. How many times has an older guy hooked up with a gal who is 10 years, 20 years, 30 years younger? Plenty, and while our eyebrows may be slightly raised, it is nothing compared to the cases where it is the female who is older. The social stigma is real
; having been in relationships with older women, the reaction I got between telling people I was dating someone six years older than me and dating someone who was twenty-four years older than me spoke magnitudes of what current mainstream sources of media want people to believe is correct and right. When I was dating this much nicer older lady, most people thought I was in it for the physical side of things, yet personally it was more fulfilling outside of that aspect

Love is love, and
seeing the relationship between Nagai and Hinohara and her comments almost echoed what my older girlfriend would feel: "Should I be dressing up like this?" "No, no, no, no, I should never have said yes to you, and yet I did." And
there's no outpouring of lust from either one of them, and they keep the "Well we pretty much like each other, now it's a question of who yields first" game up almost to a tee.

To get an update on these two loverbirds is simply top form @TSP! Give these two ten years and they'll end up getting the "Game Over" marriage too with everyone in their circle cheering them on.

Users who are viewing this thread