Munou na Nana

Contributor
I never really understood all the hate towards this series. Its got its plot holes and unanswered questions, but not any more than any other story of this type. I guess people felt tricked by the initial plot twist and expected them all to be like that? (I would hope that the disappointment wasn't from the protagonist not being who they thought they were, because let's be real, there are enough protagonists with the power to cancel out other powers)

Group Leader
@Ceiye It's because reading this doesn't make you feel good or wow you in any meaningful way. The way she gets away with things is frustrating, everything that seems like a problem is brushed under the rug and we're forced to accept it. Even people who should legitimately have her in a stranglehold with their powers are defeated by what can only be described in disappointing manners.

For example the latest one had a part where despite her being pinned down to the ground and plenty of time to think of ways to make sure she doesn't get away in a room where you have yourself an a ridiculously strong zombie you just... Left the door unlocked. Like what? You planned this whole trap and then you just... Left the door unattended?
I don't mind rooting for villains, but they have to feel clever and not feel like they're only successful because everyone else is an idiot.

@Ceiye Well for me I didn't mind the initial twist and I thought it was an interesting concept but there's seriously way too many plot holes I guess. My gripe with this series is how the author handles plot progression by simply turning down every single characters IQ points. It actually is the first time where I feel an author inserting themselves into the main characters role and each time going "nope, we can't have this happen because the story will end sooner". None of the actions feels believable and it doesn't help that most of the time Nana is put into a tough spot, some obviously cheap mental manipulation fixes the "suspenseful" situation. Love the concept but the execution is lazy imo.

Reading this was a mistake, I'm gonna walk away now and try to erase this memory...

Contributor
This manga is really bad.
It COULD have a great story, but this here just look like a copy of others manga like revenge classroom .

Dex-chan lover
From the sample size we have, it seems that having talents correlates with lower IQ

How do you think they're calculating those estimated casualty scores, another talent user perhaps?

How do you think they're calculating those estimated casualty scores, another talent user perhaps?

They had previous experiences with them, probably it is based on data gathered in the past with ones using the same (or similar) powers with worst case scenario for each of them (otherwise it wouldn't explain such a high number for the first)

le3

Dex-chan lover
Remember guys, don't stick it on the crazy necromancer

Contributor

My guess : It's just bullshit.
They're just afraid of ppl with powers and then throw random numbers to make Justice defender like Nana kill them without having to dirty their hands.

If the gov's aren't using the kids for militaristic purposes, they'll just kill them... this is the most realistic part of this whole manga, but i don't get one thing, where is mission report: December 16th 1991 and why aren't the goverment officials using that to brainwash the bois into doing stuff?

Users who are viewing this thread