Kiyo in Kyoto: From the Maiko House

Double-page supporter
Thank you for making this available. It's a cute and delightful story, and somewhat informative as well.

Contributor
Thanks. Simple stories are great reads more than some care to admit to.

Dex-chan lover
No, noooo, nooooooooo!!!!!!!! the cliffhanger at ch.51

le3

Dex-chan lover
Ch 52.....oh man...I'm touched with their friendship QwQ

Contributor
Haven't heard back from the editor in quite a while. If anyone is interested in continuing to scanlate this series, I have the translation.

Group Leader
Dear Winstonite, I can tell you that First Squad Scans are interested.
Mind that we may be slow, because it will be a big test for us.

At last! I've been waiting for months. Thank you for bringing this series back Snowicaly.

And now we know meganeko's name finally lol

Group Leader
No worries! It's such a nice series and I hope the releases can show that.
Kudos to Winstonite for giving me a chance at editing this!

I really like this series, but sometimes I feel bad for Kiyo-chan. She came to become a maiko but got rejected, and now all she does is cook (even if she enjoys it it’s still a bit off-putting to me). Plus it doesn’t really show her fulfilling her dreams, whatever they are...I feel like it’s a bit unrealistic that she doesn’t harbor any negative sentiment towards the Su-chan and the others...I don’t really know how to express it that well, and I definitely enjoy reading this series for the most part, but sometimes something feels really weird...

Dex-chan lover
TeaserImage, we know Kiyo-chan is a very simple (or emptyheaded if you prefer) person and doesn't harbor negative feelings towards things she can't control. Or rather, she doesn't think too much about herself and accepts her little defeats as "aw what a bother" kind of thing while, on the other hand, being very passionate about making the people she live with happy. I think, rather than being a maiko, "fulfilling her dreams" means staying together with Su-chan ?

Perhaps, but it kind of seems like it’s just oh you can’t do what you came all the way out here to do but you can cook and clean for us and wake up early and do all this. But everyone’s different and this is a manga lol

I feel sorry sometimes for Kenta, I feel he really likes Kiyo but she only has eyes for Suu-chan

Dex-chan lover
@TeaserImage I don't think Kiyo actually wants to be a Maiko.
I think she just wants to accompany Suu-chan, so that chance to be a caretaker for Suu is a godsent for Kiyo, all the more so since just a short while ago she found out that she sucks at being a Maiko.
She has a knack for it since she always helps her grandma, and she can be beside Suu-chan at the same time, so I guess it's a win-win for Kiyo.
Then again, it's also a hard, and mostly thankless job, so that's some dedication right there.

Users who are viewing this thread