Shaman King: The Super Star - Vol. 2 Ch. 14 - Hell's Soldiers of the Iron Box

Dex-chan lover
"Let's stack our heads in a square to give anyone who opened this safe a suprise hug everyone."

Thanks for the chapter.

I think it’s a low quality (LQ) scan. The images are not very good.

Dex-chan lover
@es_kan to be fair, with God (Hao) on their side its not like 'being dead' is that bad. Even Hana is dead right now, right? (or half-dead, or w/e state, but not alive)

Dex-chan lover
Wait Anna is dead? I admit I have a hard time remember everything that goes down. Maybe because the story spans over multiple series and there's also the Crimson manga I get things mixed up with here...

Dex-chan lover
To anyone asking: yes, we knew Anna is dead. Same as Yoh RN, they were both killed some time ago. It's in Flowers IIRC, not sure if they died while protecting Hana or were taken out while traveling, but they died together a few years back.

Double-page supporter
Being dead in this series is not that big of a deal anyway.

@KuroeNekumi That happened when Hana was a baby and Anna told Hao to bring them back. The last time they're shown was when Hana was 6 years old and they were alive then.

Re-read Shaman King, finished Flowers today, and finished this too. God damn, the ride is insane and amazing. Still, this shit has gotten pretty crazy compared to the original. It was a lot more simpler, but currently this has become quite the complex series of events. Kind of a Mandela effect, I thought Hana was raised by Yoh and Anna, turns out he wasn't. So it seems pretty convoluted but I wanna try to summarize post-Shaman King i.e Shaman Fest.

So after the SF, Yoh and Anna traveled to try and see if they can make the world better, and while they're in Afghan, they died all died including Hana as a baby. Hao then revived Hana as a favor, but also implementing demons inside of him, including one supposedly stronger than himself i.e god. Years go by, Hao more than likely proposed something to be changed in the world, but required the agreement of the majority among 8 superior gods. To which he doesn't, so then the Flower of Maize is commenced, which will determine the outcome of Hao's command. Because of that, one of the gods (the last god) found a loophole, and transmitted himself into a golem and entered himself as a captain's guardian spirit in the F.O.M. So now that's the main opposition in this case, as crazy it seems it's also the same situation as Shaman Fest, where participants go against a practical god.

So a couple notes, very weird but in Flowers, Hanna died with Yoh and Anna in Afghan. Yoh then asks Hao to revive Hanna, but he also had to put demons inside of him, including one strong enough to kill God. Well actually, it's weird because Anna requests to bring them ALL back, the 3 of them, also in the epilogue of Shaman King, Hanna is 7 while Yoh and Anna are clearly alive. So I would guess that, no, Anna and Yoh might not actually be dead currently. But that's the thing, we just see Anna the 3rd use Hyou Gattai and calling for Anna Kyouyama, so she MUST be dead. Then they must have officially died again, probably at that time when Hana was protecting Anna the 3rd from Yosuke and Yabisu. Honestly, wouldn't be too surprising either. Yoh may have the Spirit of Earth but Yabisu is a literal god that doesn't even require Furyoku, just money. Yosuke isn't even a Shaman and Yabisu isn't even a spirit. That's what makes this situation so fucked especially, even considering how Yabisu is directly opposing Hao in the F.O.M when gods aren't inherently suppose to battle each other. Also a reminder, the F.O.M is a kind of call to action, that determines whether Hao's choices on changing the world will be applied or not. As the participants fight each other in place of the gods themselves, it will determine whatever Hao wishes for. Though we don't know what that is exactly. We know he wants to kill all humans, but that was also in consideration that Yoh and his group wouldn't be able to change the world, but we find out Yabisu always has been preserving his capitalistic world this whole time, so Hao might have different ideals or at least considerations now.

@alanala in its entirety, including Flowers and catching up on Superstar, about a month in total, depending how often you read. Generally, for any manga I read, I would just read 10 chapters a day, but I enjoyed the series so much, I sometimes ended up reading 100 chapters in a day. So about 1-2 weeks to finish Shaman King, then another week to finish the sequels.

Users who are viewing this thread