Botsuraku Yotei Nanode, Kajishokunin wo Mezasu

Contributor
Ah, Blacksmith Guy. Perfect example of a series that doesn't know what the hell it's doing.

Case in point: if the main character's goal in the series is to avoid being married to a bitchy rival from an otome game, why does he decide to enroll in the same school she is in?

Contributor
You misunderstand. His entire goal is to make sure that he does not follow the steps of the otome game. Why even go to the school in the first place when he's already an expert blacksmith who has made a killing on hot springs and also created enchanted apples?

@xyzzy Maybe that's what this story all about, trying making sense of why he did that despite not wanting to follow the otome game although there are no sense in it but hell, that's what this story all about. Dayum, what the hell am I talking about here.

Dex-chan lover
I want to like this. I really do.
The characters is decent, the premise is interesting enough, and the scenes are amusing enough, in papers.
But man, the story just feels so disjointed.
It's like they rushed things too much so all the scenes just flying by one after another before they get to build up the proper atmosphere, so they all just falls flat.
It's feels like the author is listing events rather than telling a story.

Dex-chan lover
The pacing for this one is pretty bad and some of the scenes feel like they don't make sense. The first chapter felt less like a chapter and more like a summary of 7-14 chapters over 40 pages.

And this is a shame, because even though the setup isn't really original (typical Isekai bag), I could probably really enjoy this story if only it was executed better. It's like I can see a incredibly engaging story that either the author wanted to tell or that could've been told, but just didn't quite come to light.

Sweet, an update. Wish the novel translations would pick up again though. =(

Dex-chan lover
Weird choices to focus on magic and gags instead of developing the romances or the improvement of his territory. It has nothing to do the premise and no one picked this story up for smirking radishes or more generic Hogwarts shit. It's not even a challenge for him and it seems to just be a distraction so why would it be interesting? The story should be focusing on developing the galge supporting characters and breaking from preordained fate with their growth, but the story feels aimless.

Is he ever going work on blacksmithing?

Thanks for your work, I didnt remember this manga <3 ?
I hope that Biamam Scans doesn't defame you for "stealing"? a manga that they don't update for more than 3 months

Dex-chan lover
i forgot how amazing this was xD

@Ironclad lol plz i totally keep reading for the smirking radishes... although i may have nightmares about them now... but theyre AWESOME xD

Users who are viewing this thread