Brother for Rent - Vol. 3 Ch. 13

Based off of the raws
we see that the dead parents, at least the mom, is kinda just the worst. She beats her son when he's young and manipulates him as well. His sister obviously misses their parents and it kinda reinforces this idea in the brothers head that everyone, including his family (even his sister), is out to get him/against him. Obviously his sister never abused him but she's seen as "an outsider" to his personal struggles. I can't read JP so some of this is just interpreting the art.

Aww this chapter was sweet and wholesome. I hope they keep being her big sister and brother from another family as she grows up.

they keep on learning from each other and i think that's a really healthy relationship
they are also struggling with their own problems but through their experiences our lil mc learns as well

*sigh* i wish genuine happiness for our lil mc ;'(

Fed-Kun's army
Yeah, no. Shiori did absolutely nothing wrong. Imagine your entire life nobody checks up on you, and the few times that they do, it's just "we're thinking about the best for you" and that "eventually you'll have to give it up" makes it even worse. That's some very shitty parenting and the one person that you could maybe count on, your sister, is just a crybaby who can't do anything for herself.

I can't help but think that genuinely nobody in this manga is a good person.

Dex-chan lover
"That's some very shitty parenting and the one person that you could maybe count on, your sister, is just a crybaby who can't do anything for herself"

Disagree. Parents will eventually die and their money won't be around forever. Listen, life isn't all rainbows and sunny. There'll be thunderstorm too, and sometimes tornadoes. Not everyone can be successful in what they want. When you hear those inspirational quotes by famous people, how many do you think there are versus how many people are in this world. Less than 10% are actually able to live their dreams as their jobs. This is the bitter truth. What's even worse, in my opinion, is parents who always sugarcoat and sweet talk their kids to the point they're becoming deluded.

There's a reason why there are increasing number of easily offended people as well as those who think the world revolves around them and that if something they don't like persist, they'll just scream as if they're victims. Remember, the inhabitants NEED to adapt, not the environment. If she's got talent, great. If not, she better be thinking of anything else. Not saying that can't be her hobby or what, but you have to see realistically as well.

Users who are viewing this thread