Hide comics by country of origin (get rid of chinese comics) :planned:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fed-Kun's army
I detest manhua. Yes, I hate all chinese comics. I have also only read one good manhwa from Korea.

Ever since chinese and korean comics started appearing on my feed, (which it didn't on batoto) I don't check it.
Which I did before. And that's sad.
Novelupdates gives you the option of hiding novels by country of origin. I'd love to see that option in the settings here as well.
Or,
does anyone have a good script for it? I remember an extension that hid Yaoi back when Mangadex was new, and you couldn't do that yet on-site.
Cheers!

Considering batoto was started by a group that did korean manhwa.... they sure as hell did appear on batoto

Contributor
But wasn't this planned for over 2 years now?
omae.jpg

They really need to get their priorities right. Implement an SQL queries shouldn't take years, so there's no reason to delay it and implement the feature only in the new version of mangadex, which god fucking know when it'll be finished. Fucking seriously, I have been pointing out this for years. I barely open MD now since it's just off to me.

Filtering out wuxia helps, but that doesn't catch everything. I hope filter by country of origin comes soon.

One problem tho. Who da hell is going to comb over the website and stick a label one every single one of them.

Yeah, you can make people add the label when they first upload but there is no way that’ll catch everything

Dex-chan lover
@Tumtum
One problem tho. Who da hell is going to comb over the website and stick a label one every single one of them.
That's not how this would be implemented.

Manga are already labeled by country of origin, so creating a function to hide manga based on that existing label is doable.

Dex-chan lover
Any news on this? It feels like this feature has been on the to-do list for millennia, and it doesn't feel any closer to being done than back then. :/

Dex-chan lover
Any news on this? It feels like this feature has been on the to-do list for millennia, and it doesn't feel any closer to being done than back then
SoonTM

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
@Askorti It's too much effort to implement it in the current site, so it's gone into the big list of things that v5 (upcoming site rewrite) can handle.

really dude, "I detest manhua. Yes, I hate all Chinese comics. I have also only read one good manhwa from Korea." you notice how you said "I" this is strictly personal for you, I enjoy reading Manhua or Manhwa whenever and anywhere which is a personal opinion as well.
@ThinkPositive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread