True Beauty

Group Leader
Hi, I just added this webtoon since I plan to start translating this webtoon, but I don't know how to edit the synopsis again after I created the page. I forgot to add links to the korean and english website.
I plan to translate up to the latest releases so that people don't have to wait for the English translations to catch up. (I'll most likely just be translating until this webtoon has a decent amount of English chapters)
ENGLISH: https://www.webtoons.com/en/drama/truebeauty/list?title_no=1436
KOREAN: https://comic.naver.com/webtoon/list.nhn?titleId=703846

Group Leader
I'm going to sleep, but I'll finish chapter 8 tomorrow (ch7 is the latest official english release), and I plan to have an upload every 2-3 days until I catch up to the official korean releases. I'm just one person working on this(while having a 9-5), so fans can read the latest chapters if they want to. If any actual group wants to pick this up, feel free since I'm doing this to brush up on my korean.

Double-page supporter
What an indirect honest webtoon especially coming from Korea where cosmetic surgery is very popular to the point it's like a mandatory thing.. True beauty doesn't involve putting on cakes of makeup. When will he have the chapter were her partners realize they only love her artificial look?Or when she comes to that realization herself?

Lmao, this is a story about how women are faking their beauty and running after naturally "pretty" men again.

Female vanity at its best.

To be honest, her natural face doesn't even look so bad, why would she mind it that much?
All that media vanity about artificial beauty completely destroyed the South Korean female.

Nowadays, they all run for plastic surgery and cosmetics because they want to look like the celebrities/drama actresses (who don't even look Korean anymore unless they're children; it's scary to think of how they turn into this, it's like a metamorphosis).

Meanwhile men are supposed to be naturally cool or otherwise they have 0 market value, gg.

I guess unless you see a woman without make-up on, you can't really date anyone anymore nowadays...

Group Leader
i love this webtoon! Thank you so much for taking the time to translate it! It might be awhile for the English to catch up... or some time since they only release 1 chapter a week, and the KR ver. is already at ch. 24

Group Leader
@BrunoVilla this chapter is chapter 8, I'm pretty sure. In the english site they have it as 8 chapters released since there's a chapter 0/episode 0

Group Leader
Chapter 10 tomorrow~ Chapter 8 officially translated, and you can read that on the official english website(it might make more sense, haha)! Chapter 25 RAW released on Naver(OMG I CAN'T WAIT TIL I CAN SPAZZ TO PEOPLE ABOUT THE LATEST CHAPTERS)~!

Group Leader
chapter 11 probably in 2-3 days~ Sorry~ T^T My work has been making me do overtime on the weekends....

This manhwa is very good and lighthearted! The main character Jugyeong is such a refreshing female protagonist when it comes to these "ugly-turned-beauty" stories. She doesn't want to be pretty for 'revenge' or to attract a guy, and I don't think she's conceited at all, she just wants to feel better about herself through makeup, and that's okay! Plus, her exaggerated/realistic reactions are so funny!

On the downside, it doesn't have much 'depth' to it, which isn't bad unless you're looking for a girl wondering about beauty and the standards society puts on them, but nevertheless an enjoyable read :)

Users who are viewing this thread