Tonikaku Kawaii - Vol. 4 Ch. 29 - I wish my dad was as popular as Kurosawa

Definitely something supernatural. Probably immortal or hundreds of years old. Too many hints being dropped.

Dex-chan lover
I am 60% sure she is a god

I am 30% sure is immortal human

I am 10% this goes under "other"... maybe all the shit about nasa and shit has to do with her being some sort of alien that can live a very long timeee. Maybe even forever.

For now I just want her to be some sort of god. If not she can be an alien too u know

if she ends up being alien, what happened? did their planet get fucked up? did they crash land into earth? fuck this was suppose to be a cute rom com now its all drama and shit with these "living for long time" drops

Double-page supporter
Tsukasa has certainly been around for quite a long time. I don't think that's much in question, though the manga has yet to officially confirm this.

That said, when I saw the raw a few weeks ago, I was thinking the katana in the library would have been an old one. Since it is not an old one, that makes her remarks on the weight of the sword provide yet another hint of her longevity. regardless of whether she's an immortal, an alien (ala Kaguya-hime), or something else (whether kami or youkai of some sort).

Update: I was just reading the Wikipedia article on Old Japanese.

"Old Japanese is usually defined as the language of the Nara period (710–794), when the capital was Heijō-kyō (present-day Nara)." Part of me wonders if she knew the person who wrote the love letter in the book.

@Guspaz : Ugh, just stop teasing us...

Hahaha! More teasing to come. ?

Fed-Kun's army
Calling it now. Tsukasa is that rabbit princess from the moon that almost every manga or anime talks about at some point. And that's why she knows about what the book said.

Power Uploader
Who cares if she's immortal she's cute and she's your wife so no worries Nasa

Dex-chan lover
remember this is Hata Kenjirou we talking about, dont even bother digging the plot ? just enjoy the mood ?

Group Leader
I doubt the mangaka would do a literal Kaguya...Oh wait, I forgot. This is the dude who did Hayate lol. Honestly, it's 50-50 at this point.

Dex-chan lover
People still guessing plot in Hata-sensei manga? I gave up long time ago reading hayate and just enjoy the ride.

Double-page supporter
@gmstr600 @kronix @coconut @chenando1

I mean the author just blatantly brought up the story of Kaguya-hime right in the first chapter or so, plus the MC is literally named Nasa, who has said that he would literally go to the moon and retrieve the girl he loves, and Tsukasa has a moon rock in her house so she feels more at home, plus Tsukasa can read Old Japanese, can tell the difference in weight between old Japanese swords and newer ones, has super strength and speed (and walk off a direct hit from a speeding truck), looks the same as as when she was when she saved Nasa from said truck (which was like 6 years ago). She also put down "16 years old" on her marriage form, which would have made her just 10 years old in the truck incident, and she obviously didn't look 10 years old then. She's also got telepathic powers (back in like Chapter 3 she was reading his mind when he said things in his head) and can tell that he's never lied to her. Her sister addresses her as with a "-sama" after her name and describes her as a glasswing butterfly that flutters through the night to the moon - and is apparently known to vanish if you take your eyes off her. The subtitle of the manga itself is "Fly me to the moon."

She's cleaaaaaaaaarly an immortal Kaguya-hime and at minimum 1300-1400 years old, if not more.

I'm fully expecting her to vanish one day, returning to the moon, perhaps because of a misunderstanding, blackmail, some kind of threat (she's got combat skills for a reason, a talented author isn't going to give her super strength + katana skills and not have her need them one day) or something idiotic like "nasa will be better off without me in his life!"..

And then Nasa-kun is going to do just like he promised at the very beginning when he says that if he were the one that loved Kaguya-Hime, he'd go to the moon and get her. She's going to go to the moon, he's going to use his super-smarts to take exams and graduate high school, go to college, study astronomy, join Japan's space program, become an astronaut and literally go to the moon to go get his wife and bring her back. Of course by then he'll be like... 25-30 years old, minimum (if we're being realistic about how long it takes to become an astronaut). Long time to be a virgin, but fuck it, he's already sleeping in the same room as his wife and is afraid to do more than kiss her.

Dex-chan lover
Moon people value purity above everything and she is a princess, that would explain her inexperience with men.

Dex-chan lover
On the cloud? 'Cause HDDs are too large? This Nasa guy doesn't have the most important thing: Man cave!

@Kllick
What if she becomes a slut because you become too boring?

Users who are viewing this thread