Spirit Blade Mountain

one of the best series of its kind, that I've read. Unlike SO MANY other series of its ilk, you get to see the all the major strides the MC makes. What few time skips occur are handled well and never cut out content you want to see. Great series.

Aggregator gang
Definitely agree! The MC maybe OP in someways but his ascension is detailed and you never feel like every encounter with a strong opponent is a forgone conclusion since MCs calculating nature is well designed as he analyzes his foes/rivals

I think the idea of cultivation manga/manhwha is interesting, but a lot of them seem to follow similar tropes. So far I'm not seeing what is impressive about this to other commenters / people who rated this almost 9 stars.. By chapter 30 theres no plot.. Just a typically standard overpowered "special" character with a huge ego. Also the trope of the MC's always being super young? Have these authors not met 12 year olds? Like.. come on.
Though I guess it turns out hes 14 now since by chapter 31 it says he's kept in touch with a friend for 2 years, WOAH Timeskip out of nowhere? >.>

Feels super bland so far. I'll give it a bit more before I drop :|

Fed-Kun's army
Just came here after reading Chapter 300... damn, I am truly awe-struck at the author of this story. The martial arts, including that of the MC, is quite adequate, but the way he sets up the MC's superior intellect is superb, and is really the reason this story shines so much, I think.

Unfortunately, as when things get clever, there tends to be a lot of words sometimes, so it's understandable if some kids get frustrated and impatient with the story, saying that "nothing happens", then dropping it. Too bad, I guess, but that's just their loss.

Probably the best wuxia manhua I have ever read. Main hero is OP but this is done in such a good way, he is kind of a "chosen one" but this haven't had much impact, he does not overcome difficulties because of being the one or through "great POWAH" but because he always uses his intellect and cunningly sets up traps/exploits people weaknesses. Okay that might be a slight exaggeration there were some "plotarmor-ish" moments, but for the most part it is done right. Characters have consistent personalities even though they are mostly trope-ish for wuxia genre. Quite an entertaining read despite lacking any actual coherent plot, it's more like a Wang Lu Bizzare Adventures but without the real good parts. Giving it 9 out of ten simply because this manhua showed me that wuxia stories can be quality entertainment. I would give it ten if it had plot.

They made a japanese anime out of this. Which is weird cause this is a Chinese manhua right? Do they usually get animes? Why didn't a Chinese animation firm pick up the project?

Aggregator gang
This manhua doesn’t get enough love even though it got a pretty good anime adaptation in my opinion....

*MAJOR ROMANCE SPOILER*
MC and his master eventually hook up

After long reading this from chapter 1.. its so much fun but you cant escape from sorrow future after this.???

It's five in the morning. I've been reading all night. I am simultaneously happy and distraught that I've run out of chapters. Finally. I can rest...zzz

Group Leader
it's starting to frustrate me that I don't understand anything about the rules for these "games".
It's annoying because this means I don't have any idea what is going on :(

@Allexio
Look on the bright side!
Now you know what it's like to be the characters in the series! ?
(Yeah, I don't have any idea what's going on either, beyond 'logic puzzles vaguely themed around the Classical Virtues'.)

Users who are viewing this thread