Retired Heroes - Ch. 8 - Companions From The Past

VIP
so, only the female has scheme behind the face... but still, they facing wrong person!

Dex-chan lover
I'm literally lost.

Can anyone explain to me what the heck is going on? I can't follow what's happening in this manga for some reason.

Dex-chan lover
Oh, I know what time it is...

giphy.gif

Double-page supporter
@Cernunnos

Overview (assuming you know the synopsis of the manga):

For no apparent reason, a large horde of monsters is coming to the town. Independently, two groups of heroes were tracking the horde;
• First, the two party members of the real heroes' party.
• Second, two other heroes, that for an unknown reason are pretending to be the other two party members. Hilariously, they're succeeding at this, despite being fakes.

They met up in the town, because hordes of demons stomping through helps no-one. Also, people are worried that the horde is unnatural, and both groups above are suspecting each other.

Why are they suspecting each other? Because they're both harbouring demons;
• The fake adventurer girl is a demon. She is hiding her presence pretty perfectly, and that's why her companion doesn't notice. Also, she has a hidden motive, something about a Grand Duke (ominous inner monologue page near the end). But the real heroes noticed. So she's under suspicion, but they're not worried about it all that much, because heroes.
• Our best girl and her brother are demons. They're also awesome, so they get a pass. The fake heroes noticed this, because they have former goody paladin with them (the dude). The demon girl also noticed, but she wasn't going to mention it. Because the paladin is a goody, he thinks demons are always evil, and that's why he's trapping them (last page).

Most confusing part about this chapter? The flashback to the heroes' meeting at the beginning. The actual story only starts after the first 'This journey is DOOMED.'

Double-page supporter
@apothem

Haha, good edit… I was almost tempted to go tap the spoiler buttons. And, thanks for the compliment.

Good to know the raws are up to chapter 20. Do you happen to know if the series is on a schedule of sorts too?

Contributor
@SpacyRicochet there's a raw link below the description. Currently there are 32 chapters, and I'm assuming it last updated last month on the 22nd. Don't know how often it updates. Looking over the recent chapters, it looks like it ranges between 3-4 weeks per chapter.

Dex-chan lover
@ ApolloX1209 There is something I learned from reading manga, the more strange and crazy you are better is the chance of you surviving dangerous situations, so put that in mind and look again to or noble heroes, they are perfect?

Dex-chan lover
so we have what basically is the fake-hero-dude as an ex-demon hunter thingy, and the girl as a demon faking as a human hunting for demons.

fency.

Users who are viewing this thread