Elfen Lied

Power Uploader
If anyone has the Vol 1, Vol 2, Vol 3 & Vol 5 Specials could you please upload them. Besides those chapters the upload is complete

How the fuck did Nana's father survived? Didn't he get his upper half blown away? And that Bandou dude too, he lost his lower half and did not die. What???

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Aggregator gang
It's funny how when you see it from a Hollywood perspective, the plot is nothing new. (Failed) experiment subject escapes confinement and got hunted down while the subject met someone who would teach them about humanity. hmm....

It's worth a read, even if you dislike the anime. The manga explores a bit more moral questions, nature vs. nurture, and how much can we blame someone heavily traumatized for his actions; the anime doesn't really explore those points, it's IMO just a boring bloodfest (the opening song is amazing though).

Don't expect the manga to be a masterwork though.

I don't know if it's intentional from the author's part, but the Diclonii can be see as an analogy for certain gifted children. Even the relationship between Lucy and Kouta can be seen this way.

Speaking on Kouta: yes, he's a weak-willed imbecile, but there's a good in-universe reason for that.

I liked it all the way through. It wasn’t anything special in terms of story (evil labratory person escapes and gets feeling teached to her) but it took a different take on everything.
Favorite part was the introduction where Lucy uses her big girl hands and rips the director’s assistant’s head off clean
. The art style at first though.... no pls no. Ending was sad but the conclusion was satisfying. I was super happy when Duke Nukem 2 didn’t actually die when he revealed his terminator looking body.

Edit: After looking through the story again this one was the best one the author has done. This story doesn’t die half way through gaining my full attention. I think one of the reasons why is that all the story arcs had something to actually continue the story not requiring Buu arc Akira Toriyamaing (cough cough Brynhildr in the Darkness cough cough) that basically fucks an entire series. It also had 11 days per chapter and enabled him to make more quality crap (Brynhildr only had 8 days in between).

Fed-Kun's army
This is the only decent manga from this author. All of the others are mediocre to pretty bad

Dex-chan lover
Takes itself too seriously. It has the trappings of a science fiction story that will delve into questions of bioethics and identity, but none of that goes anywhere. All the gratuitous violence and nudity makes the melodrama comical, and nothing gets resolved.

The stark contrast between the action/drama/violence and the more whimsical stuff makes it all the more humorous. I really haven't laughed this much because of manga since forever. Dorohedoro might be a contender.

The art improved a bit throughout the manga. Thank God.

Glad to read more critical comments. This series received so much praise and I finally got a chance to look into it... I really don't know why this nearly got an award... It reminded me of Love Hina (and oh was I happy to read exact that comparison in the wiki article in my language and other places xD) as it turned into a harem. The whole ecchi stuff was so off place and cheap (like really, how did her shirt get unbuttoned from being punched - in the face, iirc o_O). If this series wanted to be a serious one maybe it would have been better to not make it look like some sort of fap material (sorry, I'm kinda not into omorashi, I guess). And the story itself...? Well, rather average. I think, it really just got so much attention because "oh, look, boobies and clean cut-off limbs~".

Group Leader
The Anime had a better ending than the manga and overall, considering this is gory, the animation was better on that sense. I really liked it on my Chuuni phase back then in High School.

The manga goes far beyond, but the ending is seriously terrible.

Double-page supporter
I don't know how I could finish this crappy manga when I was younger.

You have to give props to the author by making the perfect artwork for a generation of edgy, impressionable teenagers I guess.

[ol]Top classic manga.
Beyond ingeniously.
Best science fiction love story.[/ol]
Read and remember manga BEFORE watching the anime;
ATTENTION! Learn Your Brain with https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergey_Vyacheslavovich_Savelyev tutorials
For the best results please turn on english subtitles.
It is the only free and non-commercial help in the internet.
Sorry for russian language.

Double-page supporter
Rereading this and now I'm sure Yuka is the worst female character I've ever seen. Holy shit, no character development at all, from the beginning until the end she's a manipulative, violent, jealous, possessive, annoying bitch. And the author writes her as if this is something normal, something "adorable" and "desirable" in a woman. I would give this way higher score if it wasn't for this shitty character.

Wow. This has got to be one of the most thought provoking manga I've ever read. It's been ten minutes since I finished reading it, and I've just been thinking about it. It's a very good manga.

Users who are viewing this thread