"Safe" mode in addition to hiding hentai

Group Leader
A lot of smut and ecchi titles are basically "close enough;" was wondering if we could have a "safe mode" option (would be safe for actual workplaces). Or maybe an option to hide certain genres (mangaupdates has this).

is a Reindeer
VIP
@Deathglass
>Or maybe an option to hide certain genres (mangaupdates has this).

It's suggested and planned. It's our most requested feature by far (over 10 threads now). It's listed as "Blacklist unwanted genres" in the suggestions megathread.

Jesus I would love that. There are certain genres that I will probably never read so just getting them outta my list would be a big plus

Group Leader
Ah, I see. Was kinda thinking along the lines of making the site "safer" (for work) for people who aren't logged in.

@Plykiya Is there a reason it is taking so long? Without knowing how MD works, it seems like it would be easy to do a partial solution that would satisfy most people.

If the genres were dumped in an attribute, I could do it easy enough on client side: search through the genres, if any match my blacklist, replace the cover image with one saying it contains a blacklisted tag. (I'm mainly thinking latest updates on the homepage)

is a Reindeer
VIP
@MalikDrako New devs only started 3 days ago (barely situated) and Holo has been tied up with family or sickness or vacation for the past two month (which is basically all of v3.)

Custom title
Staff
Developer
We're going to need to start with some fairly significant refactoring, so the addition of any new features that the users get to see is going to take a while. On the hand we'll then have a better foundation to build on, so new features should start getting more frequent after that.

Users who are viewing this thread