Spotted Flower - Vol. 3 Ch. 22

I'm confused as to who that is. They showed up in one chapter with no explanation, hint that it is a dude (unless thats some other character) and then now he's cheating on his wife, who just had a baby, after denying her sex for 9 months of the dumbass reason of "I'm scared", and forcing her give him a blowjob because he broke his hand. What the hell is this guy supposed to be? A cunt? because thats what he is.

Fed-Kun's army
@mikegnesium uncomfortable? you mean about the wife was hospitalized after giving birth while the husband brought home a b*tch and f*cked her in the same bed he made love with his wife?

ahahahahahahahahaahahhaha That was the best! He totally is a bitch. If his wife was a dude he'd always be the uke.

Dex-chan lover
@yelisei aye, why you said as it something hard. Isnt restrain yourself is the actual thing take your gut.

Dex-chan lover
Yes it’s fucking cheating you dumbass.

Also the male to girl trans character has boobs and a dick, used to be an underclassman in college in the same Otaku club

Dex-chan lover
What a disgusting piece of human garbage. I was on the edge before but this completely ruined everything about this manga. Fuck this.

Aggregator gang
Not all stories have to be happy, or upbeat, or feature characters that you consider to be moral icons. Maybe I'm getting old, but it feels as though nobody under 40 anymore understands the concept of 'fiction' and bad/uncomfortable things shown to tell a story, let alone a true 'anti-hero'... I don't love tales, books or shows about awful torture and murder myself, but I understand why these things exist and don't go on a rampage ragequit tirade when encountering them in the world. That's just idiotic, to think all stories must be made 'safe' for all.

Yeah, hubby did something awful and gross. The trans girl took advantage. The wife kind of played a part in hubby's mentality there at the end by inviting over the ex-BF that she knows her husband is not comfortable with. Yes, the betrayal was jarring and hard to see, considering his wife and child were at the hospital... But this is the ugly side of humanity, folks. People do this kind of thing (or worse) and this is how real feelings and regrets and lives play out. Unpleasant, but there WAS some degree of foreshadowing of it throughout the series.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Not all stories have to be happy, or upbeat, or feature characters that you consider to be moral icons. Maybe I'm getting old, but it feels as though nobody under 40 anymore understands the concept of 'fiction' and bad/uncomfortable things shown to tell a story, let alone a true 'anti-hero'... I don't love tales, books or shows about awful torture and murder myself, but I understand why these things exist and don't go on a rampage ragequit tirade when encountering them in the world. That's just idiotic, to think all stories must be made 'safe' for all.

Yeah, hubby did something awful and gross. The trans girl took advantage. The wife kind of played a part in hubby's mentality there at the end by inviting over the ex-BF that she knows her husband is not comfortable with. Yes, the betrayal was jarring and hard to see, considering his wife and child were at the hospital... But this is the ugly side of humanity, folks. People do this kind of thing (or worse) and this is how real feelings and regrets and lives play out. Unpleasant, but there WAS some degree of foreshadowing of it throughout the series.
Tbh just because something is uncomfortable or negative doesn't necessarily make it good either. It would be far more interesting if there actually was any fault to be placed on anyone else. If he had communicated, or his wife hadn't made efforts to satisfy him sexually, or if we saw his real efforts to change or work with his wife, then it would be more thought provoking when he actually cheats on his wife because the current story just has him look completely self-absorbed almost to the point of absurdity. And yes, these things do happen. Rarely, but they do happen. But that doesn't mean it's actually thought provoking or difficult to deal with, which is generally the point of making art like this, to actually consider right and wrong and empathize with those who we might not at first. Very few people are going to be forced to empathize with Madarame here. They have and will just dismiss him as terrible for cheating like this and that's why I personally don't think it works. It ends up being more of a character assassination than a genuinely interesting situation imo.

Dex-chan lover
Tbh just because something is uncomfortable or negative doesn't necessarily make it good either. It would be far more interesting if there actually was any fault to be placed on anyone else. If he had communicated, or his wife hadn't made efforts to satisfy him sexually, or if we saw his real efforts to change or work with his wife, then it would be more thought provoking when he actually cheats on his wife because the current story just has him look completely self-absorbed almost to the point of absurdity. And yes, these things do happen. Rarely, but they do happen. But that doesn't mean it's actually thought provoking or difficult to deal with, which is generally the point of making art like this, to actually consider right and wrong and empathize with those who we might not at first. Very few people are going to be forced to empathize with Madarame here. They have and will just dismiss him as terrible for cheating like this and that's why I personally don't think it works. It ends up being more of a character assassination than a genuinely interesting situation imo.
Honestly, everyone is at fault here, sure some more so than others, but no one is exactly innocent either wife kind of keeps mentally tormenting him while knowing full well he's beating himself up over it like when she said, if he is an masochist because he makes her bring up the ex even though she did it on her own, then he isn't exactly working it out and retreats in his shell of self pity, the other girl makes use of it, the ex of her is acting way too nonchalant.. so ye

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, everyone is at fault here, sure some more so than others, but no one is exactly innocent either wife kind of keeps mentally tormenting him while knowing full well he's beating himself up over it like when she said, if he is an masochist because he makes her bring up the ex even though she did it on her own, then he isn't exactly working it out and retreats in his shell of self pity, the other girl makes use of it, the ex of her is acting way too nonchalant.. so ye
I decided to read through all the prior chapters just to make sure I wasn't missing anything. Chapter 21, the chapter her ex shows up, is literally the first time we hear a mention of him if I didn't miss a mention. There was no mention of him being uncomfortable with the guy, hell it's said they hang out as friends. The only examples of her mentally tormenting him would potentially be the otaku discussion in chapter 4, which she uses to support him and prop him up, and the blowjob in chapter 10 where she implies she has given her ex a blowjob, without mentioning him and without them going into MC being uncomfortable with the guy or the thought of her ex. That scene was legitimately the only thing even remotely implying she has some fault in the failure of their sex life, and yea, if you take that single half of the scene out of context you can maybe say she has some fault. Mind you the entire thing is played for laughs, she literally blows on it and he's satisfied and then gets soft and they don't have sex.

Why, if there was no prior mention of this guy, is it somehow bad for her to bring her ex, who is clearly friendly with both of them, to see her kid? You can be friends with your ex there isn't anything really weird about that and he has never in this manga communicated he doesn't like the guy or is uncomfortable with him. I mean hell he mentions in this chapter when he does communicate thoughts like this(we haven't seen him and so making the assumption that he's somehow brought up being uncomfortable with the ex is unreasonable) that she reacts and reaffirms her love for him.

That's not to mention that what he's uncomfortable with, what drives him to cheat, is that she and her ex don't focus enough on the fact that they were together. That's literally his reason he gives. That they play it off and don't mention their prior relationship. Which really, why would they? Why would they have any reason to go, "Oh I'm having a kid remember when you fucked me?", "Yea me too". Like it genuinely makes no sense. It would be far more understandable if they actually had a scene or better yet scenes more like the blowjob one where there are consistent implications about her ex and their relationship and how happy it was, or if we saw her brush him off when talking about her ex. But we don't. We don't see things that would lead him to the decision he made, so the only thing most people can do is place it all on him. I assure you if there was actual blame to be passed around more you would see more people defending him and that's what we should have, but it's not well written and so we don't. That was my comment's point. The visceral reactions are fueled by the poor writing not making the situation as complex as it should be.

Dex-chan lover
I decided to read through all the prior chapters just to make sure I wasn't missing anything. Chapter 21, the chapter her ex shows up, is literally the first time we hear a mention of him if I didn't miss a mention. There was no mention of him being uncomfortable with the guy, hell it's said they hang out as friends. The only examples of her mentally tormenting him would potentially be the otaku discussion in chapter 4, which she uses to support him and prop him up, and the blowjob in chapter 10 where she implies she has given her ex a blowjob, without mentioning him and without them going into MC being uncomfortable with the guy or the thought of her ex. That scene was legitimately the only thing even remotely implying she has some fault in the failure of their sex life, and yea, if you take that single half of the scene out of context you can maybe say she has some fault. Mind you the entire thing is played for laughs, she literally blows on it and he's satisfied and then gets soft and they don't have sex.

Why, if there was no prior mention of this guy, is it somehow bad for her to bring her ex, who is clearly friendly with both of them, to see her kid? You can be friends with your ex there isn't anything really weird about that and he has never in this manga communicated he doesn't like the guy or is uncomfortable with him. I mean hell he mentions in this chapter when he does communicate thoughts like this(we haven't seen him and so making the assumption that he's somehow brought up being uncomfortable with the ex is unreasonable) that she reacts and reaffirms her love for him.

That's not to mention that what he's uncomfortable with, what drives him to cheat, is that she and her ex don't focus enough on the fact that they were together. That's literally his reason he gives. That they play it off and don't mention their prior relationship. Which really, why would they? Why would they have any reason to go, "Oh I'm having a kid remember when you fucked me?", "Yea me too". Like it genuinely makes no sense. It would be far more understandable if they actually had a scene or better yet scenes more like the blowjob one where there are consistent implications about her ex and their relationship and how happy it was, or if we saw her brush him off when talking about her ex. But we don't. We don't see things that would lead him to the decision he made, so the only thing most people can do is place it all on him. I assure you if there was actual blame to be passed around more you would see more people defending him and that's what we should have, but it's not well written and so we don't. That was my comment's point. The visceral reactions are fueled by the poor writing not making the situation as complex as it should be.
Okay, it's kind of late so I don't particularly feel like reading an essay, but first I didn't mean to say cheating in any form is okay, because it's not, feel like my text kind of made it look that way though wasn't my intention, he messed up that's a fact.

The way she worded it, it looked like it was a topic before, since her ex is apparently part of their friend group still so he WILL come up no matter what, but she is kind of rubbing it in there, looking at the monologue he had and all he isn't exactly saying it, but it's tormenting him that was my point (Not saying he is the victim in that scenario, since he cheated ~ fact)

Dex-chan lover
Maaan he's pathetic. But that's on brand with his character. Still fucking pathetic that he cheats though. Wallow in self deprecating thoughts all you want, but once you did something that hurts those you care about, that's when you TRULY becomes pathetic.

Users who are viewing this thread