Amina of the Lamp - Ch. 31

i feel like that the lady (the one on the throne) will suport ml and the guy (who just walked in the room) will suport the ml's brother (forgot name)

I like her. She's smart and seems fair. Since she dislikes the fact that the two eastern cities are ruled by incompetent people, she probably is also not in favor of the current sultan. But we'll see where this will go.

Dex-chan lover
She seems like a strict but fair ruler... Few and far between those in stories.

The translation switching between governors, generals, and sultans is confusing.

Ok from what I inferred, I think this is the political setup of the country (but if I'm wrong please feel free to clarify):
The country is was originally 13 fighting lands but was eventually united by a northern power. The country is currently organized into 7 states each governed by a governor-general (who would be sort of the local sultan as they run operations in their state). All 7 governor-generals though are under the sultan of country. The golden governor-general is considered the governor-general with the highest rank as they rule the northernmost state (which was the capital of power for the original northern power that united the country). The 3 western states are rebelling, the 2 eastern states are cooperative but have useless people in charge. Paz, the center state was considered isolated but doing well for the most part but now is in the power struggle between the two brothers.

The older lady on the throne is the golden governor general and the guy with the crown and purple robe is the country's sultan. You can see by their interaction though, that while the sultan is technically her superior, she doesn't really yield to him as such. She's not really rebelling but it's clear he doesn't hold much power over her.

Aggregator gang
That's basically it. The country is nominally ruled by a Sultan of Sultans, which was translated as "King of Sultans" in this chapter I would argue incorrectly as it is mixing titles from different cultures. King and Sultan basically just being different language's versions of the same word, like King and Roi and Rex.

To translate the situation directly to a real-world parallel, the country is basically in a Shogunate Period where the Emperor (Sultan of Sultans) is technically the ruler, but all actual power is wielded by the Golden Governor General (Shogun) who delegates much of the administration to presumably hereditary Governor Generals (Daimyo). For a Western Equivalent you could look at the Merovingian Dynasty for something similar.

I really like that the Author actually took the time to think about politics and properly flesh out multiple competing factions that probably won't line up nicely on a 1-v-1 scale. Already just in Paz there's at least 5 competing groups in the form of Jakal, Nadir, The Alchemists, The Assassins, and Primavera and while many of those organisations may be tentatively aligned, they all have their own goals that might destroy those alliances. Now we've got 3 new Factions in the form of the Triple G, The SoS, and the Rebelling Provinces.

Amina picked a Hell of a Time to quit Drinkin NEETing in her Lamp.

Fed-Kun's army
@JCVocke Your explanation and comparison of the Sultan to the Shogun makes it very easy to understand. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread