Anti KissManga Anthology

Group Leader
best mango ever
7/10
is perfect

Thank the KM-Trolltime dream team for these evenings and nights of pure laugh !

is a Reindeer
VIP
what kind of animals would condone this kind of activity

when's the next chapter?

Group Leader
This is so stupid, there's no need for mangadex to get even more traffic from beyondcasualfags who use Kiss. Just stay low-key.
Those people deserve to get swarmed by ads. Let them be.

@Kanami-chan It’s up to them to move or not. Since MD is new and those other sites are way older some people still don’t know MD exists. So I think this is beneficial for those people, not necessary the masochists who find KM gagging them with ads and malwares fun.

Power Uploader
@Kanami-chan You think duwang is funny though so do you really get a say in anything?

Real talk, most people are just teenagers who are unaware. And it's not really about MangaDex's popularity, it's about ensuring Kissmanga can't continue abusing people's interests to gain thousands of dollars that isn't rightfully theirs to gain.

When MangaDex would have friendly URLs for using a notepad page for keeping track of the last chapter read of a manga, I'll read on mangadex. Until then, I'll stay on kissmanga with adblock.
I mean, just look:
Code:
/Manga/Hitman-SEO-Kouji/Hitman-010?id=444501
vs
Code:
/chapter/413435/1
I can't tell the manga name from the link, I can't tell the chapter name/number from the link, I can't tell anything useful, from the link! If you wanna be better than kissmanga, at least do that much!

Heck, I often first read manga here, and then go to kissmanga to get the user-friendly url for my notepad++ file.

I didn't even know MangaDex had a dark mode this site just keeps getting better.

Group Leader
Kiss abuse was already beyond tolerable since long ago, yet those people still choose to use it. It's their choice to get abused like that. Is there even any real benefit from people switching to Mangadex? aside from e-peen and dopamine that scanlators would get from views, of course.

Group Leader
@Sapioit
there's something called typing:

hitman 10 - /chapter/413435/1
it even uses less space than
/Manga/Hitman-SEO-Kouji/Hitman-010?id=444501

if you consider it like that, it's actually even cleaner.

Group Leader
@Sapioit we have a whole feature to follow your read chapters, so I guess you'll be waiting for a long time.
@Kanami-chan most people using Kissmanga didn't "choose" to use it. They most often don't even know there are other such websites. Or they get recommended to go there by friends who use it, etc.
As said @MistaL most of them are teenagers unaware of such things.

Some people indeed chose to stay on KM, that's up to them.
But most of KM user base hasn't chosen KM, they just stumbled upon it first.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@Sapioit posted:

When MangaDex would have friendly URLs for using a notepad page for keeping track of the last chapter read of a manga, I'll read on mangadex. Until then, I'll stay on kissmanga with adblock.
I mean, just look:
/Manga/Hitman-SEO-Kouji/Hitman-010?id=444501 vs /chapter/413435/1
I can't tell the manga name from the link, I can't tell the chapter name/number from the link, I can't tell anything useful, from the link! If you wanna be better than kissmanga, at least do that much!

Heck, I often first read manga here, and then go to kissmanga to get the user-friendly url for my notepad++ file.
Oh, I didn't know anyone wanted this. We could do something about it, sure. May I ask though why on earth are you using a separate text file instead of following the manga and using the read markers, or even just browser bookmarks?

MangaDex is wonderful and I appreciate everything about this project. That said, what MangaDex is lacking over the aggregate sites is all the thousands of old series. Series that are out of print or that are not not being currently worked on by a group. I dislike all the aggregate sites as well but Mangadex currently only has a limited library.

Group Leader
@Teasday
Oh, I didn't know anyone wanted this. We could do something about it, sure. May I ask though why on earth are you using a separate text file instead of following the manga and using the read markers, or even just browser bookmarks?

I don't know about other people, but I'm an old timer who used notepad to keep track of everything digital since circa 1995. When manga scanlation started to come on the radar, the habit just continued to present day...more so over the years when sites were being taken down left and right after raids by popos putting up a virtual sign "no fun allowed!" or the owners just gave up, and bookmarked links became deadlinks. I now use bookmarks rarely, since I have god only knows how many countless bookmarks, that simply clicking the bookmark button on my browser menu takes a few minutes to load. That's why notepad comes pretty handy for speedier opening, and easier to copy+pasta mass text data than in the bookmarks window. Also is easier to search for specific terms; since remembering each and every title is impossible, I often remember long titles by a word or two or use my own nickname given (if it doesn't have an abbreviation already, like Oreimo) and search for that.

Granted, I now use mangadex's features for keeping up to date....but I still keep a seperate .txt file and update it after each chapter I've finished reading to keep as a sort of archive, (If I finished reading ch 12, I put "13" so I know which number to be on the lookout for next on mangadex). This is for for if/when something disappears on the internet forever overnight via an attack or somebody tripping over the plug--at least I have an offline personal copy of where I left off in my reading list.

When batoto died, the json files were nice to have, but didn't have which chapter where we left off reading. Now that I'm here talking about anyway: I'd be pretty awesome to have a feature in our account settings to generate a json file lists (with supplementary info too of course like which chapter was last read, and under subcategories like Reading, On-hold, Plan to Read...etc).

MangaDex is obviously a way better site, but if you want to read licensed scans they are all on kissmanga. So kissmanga will never die unless MangaDex starts hosting licensed scans, which they probably never will. So maybe MangaDex shouldn’t talk shit about who has more series faster when MangaDex doesn’t even attempt to have new chapters of any licensed series when kissmanga has them all. Each site has content the other doesn’t.

Users who are viewing this thread