Japan passes new law to criminilaze unlicensed manga

https://torrentfreak.com/japan-passes-new-copyright-law-to-criminalize-manga-piracy-linking-sites-200606/

This is one of the worst things that will happen in the next year, i wonder how are we gonna get raw mangas and scanlate them if some raw sites get shut down due to this.

This is so bad and i agree that Japan is so conservative and strict about their media content getting pirated a lot!

Contributor
Content Pirates are some of the most persistent lot; I wouldn't worry too much about raw availability.
Remember when MegaUpload died?

@justforthelulz

Yeah, i know about MegaUpload, i know MegaUpload used to have some Jewelpet raw episodes before MegaUpload seized them and i couldn't keep in watch it. :(

But still, how are we ever gonna get more raw manga and provide them for more scanlation. It's going to be a hit hard by the start of the next year.

Contributor
Even if new chapters/series become increasingly difficult to obtain, the current backlog of incomplete/stalled scanlation projects is enough to keep groups occupied for years to come.
And at some point during that time, I'm confident pirates will have circumvented the Japanese copyright laws completely.

@justforthelulz

I know that i've been in the middle of waiting for an one manga that i wanted to see in translated into English:
https://mangadex.org/title/46498/kemono-giga

The Imanity Scans are somewhat in slow to translate this KG manga into English though, but i wanted to see on how this story is going because i like some good kemono (a Japanese furry) manga though, especially one that is done by Kemono artist that got hired to work at Cygames web manga Cycomi there.

Its just like fighting against alcohol and drug. You can decrease the number but you cant prevent it.

Piracy is bigger than you thought OP.

I know manga and anime and other Japanese content we're first exposed to the world through the use of pirated and bootleg and there is something that Japan is doing its best to export their anime, manga and other Japanese creative media content to the west, but there some new manga that needs some exposure to the world in hopes that some of the new and unlicensed manga can get licensed to the west.

The one that me and Evan been attempting to get one manga named Kemono Giga i linked it here is getting scanlation and i hope it will get more popular internationally and if this manga becomes hit (being the winner of the Cycomi Manga Award in the next year) then it hope gets licensed to the west (while focusing on Kemono Giga solely on my own, i hope other Cycomi manga like Seton Academy!, Tsuyoshi, etc) can get licensed to the west as well.

Well, this doesn't have such a drastic effect like you think it may.

For scanlation in its literal form, physical manga can still be bought, thus scanned, then scanlated.
For online manga, most of these actually come straight from the publisher and can be read online for free (legally). So long as you can display the images (especially on a PC), then you can rip them and that's all there is to it.

This law won't affect anything here, this is Japanese law, but we're already in severe violation of worldwide copyright law. The line has already been crossed. The only way our hobby will be affected is if there is a huge amount of attention put directly on unauthorised scanlation/aggregator sites and their hosts.

But us pirates arrrrr a pretty persistent bunch despite all that. Distributed platforms will absolutely murder copyright privileges when they become widespread, so you can look forward to that too.

@DewiAdriyanti

Thanks, i am glad you like it, we had only 44 chapters raw on rawdevart that needs to be fully translated and the 6th volume is planning to be released somewhere.

@DewiAdriyanti

No, he is still serializing Kemono Giga manga at Cycomi to this day. I haven't looked his profile and that he hasn't updated his new chapter on his Twitter account he posts them on every Saturday, it might probably the fact that printed 6th volume of the manga will come out soon, hence why no new chapter updates on Saturday yesterday.

@DewiAdriyanti

Still, i wonder when the 6th volume will come out, i hope Evan will respond me to me in regards to the 6th volume print release of KG manga.

Certain sharing(movies/music/books/anime/manga) sites shut down, another ones raise from ashes. This is happening through all years. This is permanent. None of any laws can change situation. Nothing changes for a random viewers(like us).

When will this nightmare end?
Certain sharing(movies/music/books/anime/manga) sites shut down, another ones raise from ashes.
Anti-pirates keep getting these small victories, and eventually pirates run out of countries that won't take them down. Deplatforming for piracy will never help us.
Look at the length of copyright after Disney kept taking an inch.

Users who are viewing this thread