Harvest Moon BTN and Stardew Valley

Harvest Moon BTN and Stardew Valley

• I dont play those game

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • My opinion is down below bro

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I dislike those games since they are a massive chore to me. Once you have romanced everybody and did all the events/quests, everything is just a grind. I used to like grindy games when I was younger, but I have lost my patience with those. Now I prefer slower roleplaying games with good story and quests like Baldurs Gate and Pillars of Eternity.

@comfy_officeworker youre right, when i planning to buy Stardew Valley, i have no interest again in BTN, because what all i do are just grinding and fishing.

Thats the part i like, since Stardew Valley is new to me, i would like to try it. Is it last long enough like i play 3 years BTN.

All and all, rpg is the best genre of game.

@DewiAdriyanti I think my last save was like 4 years (I stopped in the winter of the 4th year). After that point I pretty much had the best items in the game, all the money, loads of income (mainly from farm animals and making stuff like cheese). This also gave me enough time to get all the social and story things done. I think I might have missed a few secrets, but I didn't feel like going on was worth it. They have since patched the game a lot, but thinking back to the grind doesn't really make me want to play it anymore.

@comfy_officeworker sometimes people need to get a new vibe, i will thinking about the grinding part and focus on the story first.

If story done ill take a grinding part, and enjoying the vibe as BTN. Ill try my best

I love both of these games and it's all very leisurely for me and I don't find them grindy. So replay value on SDV for me is great, I bought mine on the PC so when I feeling it there are mods out there to spruce things up.

Contributor
Never played Stardew Valley

I've played the shit out of friends of mineral town, started over and played the shit out of it again. Repeat that at least 3 times. And then I tried the DS versions, it didn't do anything to me. It feels like all the magic is gone and everything felt like a chore and then i never really expanded on that universe anymore...

Rune Factory is the gud shit tho! Every tried that one? It's like Harvest Moon + battle RPG. The worst part of Rune factory is that if you've played the sequels, you can't really play the 1st one anymore since it's just so inferior. To really enjoy them fully you need to play them in chronological order. (I played them in chronological order, and I tried the old ones back... Boi that was boring af compared to the newer ones)

Dex-chan lover
@Pika
Rune Factory is the shit
Also, yeah, once you've played 3 and onwards you can never go back to the first two, even as much as I loved the first one at the time.

Contributor
@MrIncognito
Aaah so I was not just me and my bro... But at least that means that they just improved each game a lot!

Users who are viewing this thread