Kainushi Juujin to Petto Joshikousei - Vol. 2 Ch. 11

Contributor
My anxiety when reading this manga starting to become true mmm...
Please stay fluffy mmm...

Dex-chan lover
No wonder why he didn't want to go back, and when she said she never seen one alive makes me shudder

Dex-chan lover
Its kinda idiotic that after all this time she hasn't managed the slightest communication. Its off putting even, because the author is just using this to drag the current situation.

You updated so quickly, thank you! Also, I love it too now that we're seeing someone who actually likes to eat humans.

@szczsz lmaooooooo wow that was great

Double-page supporter
@Elrinion
Who's to say they speak a language the human tongue is even capable of pronouncing? If it was discovered dog whimpers or whale song contained a language with words for specific verbs or nouns, could you be confident you could identify one word? We only really understood apes because they had a physical body language and moved them to sign language.

@Elrinion the whole story is basically a reversal of the human-pet relationship. Thats why their communication will probably stay at the same level as ours with dogs. Some body language and general tone of voice, but no actual talking.

@Elrinion ikr? she can even read books they write. because i don't think those are picture books or anything like that

This eerily sounds familiar to a story my friend told me about when he went to visit his uncle with his pet dog. He didn't make it in time.

As cute as this series presents itself, its actually quite nightmare fuelish in so many ways. So keeping a human as a pet in this world is like keeping a chicken as a pet. Explains why she has yet to meet another of her kind. I image there must be some sort of human ranches out there for supplying the demand for the table or specialty restaurants (assuming that demand isn't meet by continually kidnapping humans from where ever they got her).

@probablyotaku Well, until recently it wasn't uncommon in some Asia countries to eat dogs...while now days more frowned on there are still dog meat dealers in places like China who actually get their supply by kidnapping pet dogs. I chose to parallel it with chickens simply because while they are mainly used for eggs and meat, I know that they've been occasionally reared simply as pets in the West. Pigs might be a better parallel, though. A few years back the Vietnamese pot bellied pig had a surge in popularity as pets and pigs are considered pretty bright but mainly thought of as a food stock.

It'd be nice if the author showed more of why Lila is struggling to learn the language. All we see are normal speech bubbles.

@Talismaster Except she can read their written language. There's no barrier there. Why hasn't she written a note saying: "I'm intelligent, don't eat me"

Double-page supporter
@nanze I think it's more like she's "struggling to read" or "pretending to read". She can recognize phrases but not understand what they mean. Even if she's always seen with a book in front of her face, just this chapter, she goes, "I guess I really haven't been studying their words enough." She's watching children's educational shows in an attempt to learn the language, and she still doesn't even know the specific word for "mom" or "mother". I'll admit she says in one chapter that she got tired from reading the entire day, but this recent chapter doesn't really tell us she has anything to show for her efforts.

So are humans just naturally found there? or is every human there pulled from their (our) original wold?

If you don't have a simple translation tool for your own language it will take a very long time for someone of average intellect to figure out the language.

Users who are viewing this thread