Kimi no Na wa.

i should really watch the movie.
does anyone know if there's a difference between the manga and it?

Group Leader
Everything is way more developed in the movie - characters, plot, setting, emotions. The manga seems to only provide a very brief summary of the plot.

I prefer the movie and the novel, but the manga isn't bad. Some scenes feel smoother.

Someone finally decided to add gender bender to this, huh? I would've done it about a month or two ago if I still could.

Dex-chan lover
I took so long to watch the movie but I finally did it. Then I quickly search the manga version because I love it ~

Dex-chan lover
The anime was a lot better. I recommend not reading this and just watching the anime.

An interesting read, I initially thought it was going to be more light hearted but it actually had some more depth than I would have guessed. Has a bit of a nostalgic vibe as you read while at the same time holding on to that bit of fantasy feeling. I also enjoyed that the story bounced back and forth from the two leads perspective. There are certain aspects of the story that could have been fleshed out a bit better and were kind of glazed over but I would still say the story was enjoyable and worth the read, its only 9 chapters so its not a heavy investment.

I have heard extremely good critics about it, most people praise the movie.
I'm not an anime type of guy, more manga, and to me, this manga was ok, nothing out of the extraordinary.
I had to give it a comparison with an other manga so I chose Mikkakan no Koufuku which to me got me way more emotional.
I think that this story is a good watching story, and just a ok reading story if it makes sense.
All in all it is not a bad manga. Maybe if it's one of your first you will love it.

A good example of a good reading and good watching story is koe no katachi which got me emotional during both experience.
I

Lol, just watched the movie yesterday. It was super dope. I just wish I can get my hands on an official after story, dammit! At least a picture of them together would suffice but..! There is none! Argh! Dammit! Nice movie though.

Body swap and gender swap should be 2 different themes. One is someone’s gender changing and the other is someone swapping bodies with another person.

@TotallyNotT3mmie Trans stuff should be a separate theme as well but they already said they don't want to bother with it. I feel like we're lucky there's a separate theme for cross dressing and they aren't just lumping everything under a single gender bender theme like a certain other site.

Power Uploader
BEST THING EVER BEST THING EVER BEST THING EVER

This is the best thing to ever exist, it's already the best anime film ever so I don't need to say anything. Although, I admit that the anime was better because of visuals, sound and music.

Users who are viewing this thread