Is it worth reading Kanojo, Okarishimasu (Rental girlfriend)?

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
I tried to read it and dropped it pretty fast, i don't remember much but i don't think i got pass chapter 20, i just got annoyed at every character, MC, the Ex, the Rental girlfriend, i didn't like any of them and the constant fuck ups of the MC didn't make it better, i don't know when the romance starts or whatever, but up to the point i read, it was just suffering reading each chapter. I tried picking it up again, but i'm having the same thoughts, so unless this series gets better after a certain point, i doubt i could even read 1/5 of the series at max.

Dex-chan lover
I agree, it's pretty bad drama with a shit premise and a nice added heap-full of needless conflicts drawn out by the worthless characters. But really, if something doesn't click with you to that degree on repeated readings you might as well drop it for good and move onto something else.

Staff
Super Moderator
The thing is that i'm curious of the amount of chapters this series has, i thought it would end by chapter 50 or maybe 70. I have the illusion of things getting better after a certain point.

Dex-chan lover
I have the illusion of things getting better after a certain point.
When on Earth has that ever been true for any long-running manga, let alone a romcom?

Just like Nisekoi or any similar manga, dragging on needlessly. It's not even ecchi enough to keep me entertained. The only thing that sucked me towards that hell is the
fake/temporarily girlfriend not rental no

Staff
Super Moderator
A man can dream, but seeing as it's being dragged and nothing really improves, i think i'll drop it again after reading, maybe 3 more chapters.

I'm not a fan of harem so I'm a bit biased but don't bother. I'm still reading it bc it's a waste to drop after spending hours catching up to date - but if you like harem I guess this is pretty good

If ur considering picking it up again bc of the 'rental girls' theme try #46508 instead

Staff
Super Moderator
I'm not a fan of harem
@xlhca Wait it's a harem manga? Didn't even reach that far to notice, like i said, i don't think i even reached beyond chapter 20, currently i'm "reading" chapter 8

@Richman oops sorry it’s not a harem i have a habit of calling manga with a big cast of girls and love triangles that sort harem ignore me pls

so do you think you’ll be continuing the manga?

Staff
Super Moderator
@xlhca Nah, doesn't look like it's worth the effort.

@richman: If you like the art, sure. Just as others have warned though, needlessly overcomplicated problems that the MC puts himself through. Typical of the author. I read it just for the lightheartedness and the art. I've long given up on the MC lol.

@Richman
Same as me I don't read harem though but I wanted to try but this left me with a terrible memory I hated everything espcially the mc and the fmc i hated every charachter but i hated them the most 😂😂😂😂
I was about to drop it after chapter 5 but I resisted until chapter 20 and there was no progress and too much drama
I don't know why is this so popular but I didn't like this at all

Why don't you just read it and find the answer yourself?
If you dropped it then so be it.
As for the worthless chapters, aren't top mangas do have lots of worthless chapters and backstories?

On the one hand, you have a pathetic, craven MC with penis for brains. On the other, you have some some beautifully drawn girls. At least Nisekoi was occasionally funny.

Users who are viewing this thread