Marry Me!

Group Leader
Thanks LOL Scans for picking this series up. Hopefully someone will post the previous missing chapter here on mangadex.

Having "read" five volumes of the series, I have come to the conclusion that my original assessment (that I posted on batoto) that the husband was getting the short end of the stick was an understatement...
From the husband's point of view, it is a pretty bleak situation. He gets stuck in the office, slaving away to make money to support a wife he was forced to marry, while she gets to have fun all day, spending her time in the company of other men whose company she certainly appears enjoy more, and be more comfortable with than her husband.

For her, it's not so bleak, if at all. Luckily for wifey, he also happens to be an all-around nice guy. She gets a free ride, financially speaking: he slaves away to provide for her and she doesn't have to go out and get a job and, if Japanese laws are anything like where I'm from, she gets to live off his pension after he croaks at an early age from a job-related, stress-induced heart attack. She also gets the benefit of his free labor fixing up her run-down shack. All this, and more, and she doesn't even have to have sex with him like a normal wife would, particularly since he is such a nice guy and, unlike most men in the same situation, does not force himself upon her. Yeah, yeah, I know. They are destined to eventually end up in marital bliss but, for now, the husband certainly has been dealt the short end of the stick.

And, from this point on, it gets even worse for the husband...

Dex-chan lover
@FredFriendly
Wow, I had no idea 4chan started leaking on normal manga sites, that's kind of surprising.

Group Leader
@ColorlessBoy: I'm guessing you must be a regular visitor on 4chan to know that but I've never been there so I personally wouldn't know. However, I have heard that it has a notorious reputation for all kinds of disreputable content and activities. You might like hanging out there, but it doesn't sound like the kind of place I'd wanna visit.

Sickly Senpai
Staff
Super Moderator
Sea Otter Scans is flagged as a member-only-upload group, so the first three chapters can be found here: https://reader.seaotterscans.com/series/marry_me/ ^_^;

Lex

Looking at the cover, for a moment I thought this was some sort of spin off/doujin of that bully girl and dumbfuck boy thing.

Dex-chan lover
So far a really compelling story. It's about two people who actually need each other before they realized that they actually needed anything. On one hand you have the woman who has only lived for others, sacrificing her own desires for those she loved, and when they passed on didn't really think she had a place or role of meaning in the world. On the other hand you have the man who had never really thought of caring for others, finding meaning only in a corporate job, an individual pursuit of security. Since its about a person who cares too much and a person who has just learned to care that it should provide some profound insight into the mundane slice of life situations the couple finds themselves in. Still, the side characters can be pretty boring or annoying (the child espec ially).

jak

Contributor
I like this series, but the prominent side characters kinda ruin it because of how awful they are. That fucking kid.

@Machiche

Yes, but he was replaced with an equally annoying ex of the main guy who's trying to destroy their marriage because she thinks the main guy is terrible.

@jak Holy, i guess i wont read it ill just wait for it to be over and see if it became good or at least had a good ending, thanks!!

How did a thot manage to sneak herself into my manga? Are we supposed to sympathize and relate to a crazy bitch who
pesters her ex and try to get his new wife to divorce him, totally for the well-being of a girl she doesn't even know guys!
and then keep acting buddy-buddy with him like it's no big deal instead of her getting a justified middle finger.

It's not like I can't read series with dis-likable characters or relationship drama in them, I just really can't stand the way the author is trying to portray the ex and bend the story in a way where you can't relate to the characters anymore so I'll just drop this, if I didn't know any better I'd say that Kim Dal Young had become a co-writer for this series.

Translators and group, thank you so much for the new chapters of Marry Me! I was super happy when I saw them!

Arrgh!! Need more!! Three chapters went toooo fast! But I loved it! Thank you, again!

Love it. So wholesome. I hope this manga concludes with a happy ending and doesn't add too much unnecessary drama.

Tbh, Japan may end up have to do something as extreme in the not-so-distant future...

Users who are viewing this thread